“classic cafe atmosphere”
Review of Dave's Coffee

Dave's Coffee
Reviewed November 25, 2013

a true coffee house, all kinds of coffee drinks, tea and smoothies,too, pastries baked there, comfy chairs, connected to a gift shop and boutique (Galapagos) for the ladies, so guys can relax if they don't want to shop next door. locally owned and operated, nice people.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

The smoothest cup of coffee I have ever had from hand crafted roasting and knowledgeable staff. My cup of choice is a Mocha Cafe.....SILKY! Their baked goods are a great compliment to their beverages! Free WiFi and a casually quaint location.....

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Good coffee, great service and a delicious assortment of baked goods make for a winning combination. Housed in an old colonial building, there are nooks and crannies where you can sit and relax for a bit. It's funky and cozy all at the same time.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Extremely popular in the morning, but quick service. Good coffee, and fantastic (and enormous!) muffins and scones (and cookies and quiche). Tiny place connected to a boutique and both housed in an old house by Rt1. Wifi and some public computers. Also outdoor seating. Definitely worth the stop!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I've been buying Dave's coffee for years, and have always loved it, particularly the "Black Crow" French roast. However, I noticed when I bought beans about a month ago that the coffee didn't have that smooth, rich flavor I love, and it also tasted much more acidic. My husband noticed a difference, too.
Then I looked closely at the beans, which were a paler brown color and had none of the oily sheen they used to have. Some of the beans also seemed dry and even cracked, like the stale ones you'd buy at a place like Starbuck's.
When I returned a couple of weeks later for another bag, I told the woman at the counter about the change in quality and she told me that they had hired a new roaster and that she would certainly pass on my comments.
Unfortunately, nothing has changed. When I bought a bag a couple of days ago, the coffee was also very disappointing. It has none of the body and richness it used to. I told another employee about my concerns (Dave was not around) and he said he would make sure he told the right person about them.
I was so happy to have discovered not only great coffee but great LOCAL coffee, but I just can't continue drinking it as it is now. I am also sorry that they didn't listen when I complained, not once but twice.
I didn't go to Dave's for the designer clothing shopping or the charming garden or the WiFi. I went for one reason: the coffee. I am now looking for another place to buy it.

1  Thank genevaRhodeIsland