All reviewsdunkin donutsplace to staypicnic tablescharlestown beachrhode islandwalking distanceour favorite placedebbiebeachesgassummerdresserseasons
Reviewed August 17, 2015

We have been staying at the surfside for a number of years and have really enjoyed it. As always, management is friendly and polite and aims to please. That's where the similarities end though. The room though comfortable had a clogged up bathroom sink and when we told management is was not fixed even though we had two days left of our stay. The shower curtain was moldy. We found several items under the bed that were not ours including a dried up chicken bone and an earing as well as some bottle tops. We were told there was in room Wi-Fi and how to log in, and when we tried to log in and couldn't, they told us it had been out for a couple of days due to a storm. This was the same person so I'm not sure why she didn't tell us that in the beginning. Just didn't feel like the same place...

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
surfside334, Manager at The Surfside Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2015

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. First I would like to apologize for the bathroom sink. I did explain that it would have to be fixed or parts replaced after I read your note that was left on the counter and it would not be fixed that day. You said it was not a problem as you were leaving the next day. The shower curtain was replaced and thank you for bringing that to my attention as with 15 rooms to care for on a daily basis to get ready for the next check-ins by 3 things can be missed. I'm not sure what the wifi problem was as no other guests seemed to have an issue or mentioned it and were sitting outside with their tablets, ect.... Again I do appreciate your comments as this only helps me to bring the Surfside from 4 3/4 stars to 5 stars and keep us #1 in the area.

Reviewed August 13, 2015

Just a quick overnight - but everything was perfect. Location was close to places I needed, Debbie was an excellent host, and when we forgot a beloved stuffed animal and returned hoping we would not have a heartbroken 7 year old she was already packaging it up to ship home to us. Nice to know the stuffed animal would have made it home without having to ask.

• Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. When I saw the stuffed animal in the room my heart dropped and my main concern was getting it back to you. I am so happy that it was able to be returned and there were no broken hearts. I look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 11, 2015 via mobile

Cute motel in Charlestown. Nicest in area. Picnic tables outside served as a place to have breakfast and pre dinner cocktail. Would go back - staff friendly, outdoor shower. Comfortable beds and close to beach

Stayed: September 2014, traveled with friends
surfside334, Manager at The Surfside Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2015

Thank you for your review. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our accommodations to your liking. We do strive to make our guests as comfortable as possible and find many enjoy the outside area especially the outdoor shower after a long day at the beach. I look forward to your return and I hope that I will be able to make your next visit as pleasant if not more so than your last.

Reviewed July 26, 2015

My family has stayed here a few times in the last couple of years, we always had a good experience except for last year. We went to the beach and when we came back our room was not cleaned and our beds were not made. When I mention it to the manager she said I can make your beds if you want. For the rest of the stay she made our beds but that was it. The bathroom and room were never cleaned. So happy to hear that Debbie is back. She always kept the rooms clean. So, I am rating the Surfside under Debbie's management!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Catherine F

Thank you for your review and basing it on my return. I am so happy to be back to get the Surfside back to the standards when I left and should be. I look forward to your return and assisting you personally with your reservation needs. Again thank you for being a Surfside guest.

Reviewed July 21, 2015

My husband and I stay hear every year while our children and my parents camp at the Charlestown Breachway nearby. This is minutes from the beach, close to everything, with quaint rooms and pleasant staff! The outdoor shower is super helpful after days on the beach. Our efficiency had every kitchen item we could need, and we really felt at home. We will keep coming back!

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I look forward to your next visit. I am so pleased that you enjoyed staying with us. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help with your reservation plans for your next arrival.