All reviewsdunkin donutsplace to staypicnic tablescharlestown beachrhode islandwalking distanceour favorite placedebbiebeachesgassummerdresserseasons
Reviewed July 21, 2015

My husband and I stay hear every year while our children and my parents camp at the Charlestown Breachway nearby. This is minutes from the beach, close to everything, with quaint rooms and pleasant staff! The outdoor shower is super helpful after days on the beach. Our efficiency had every kitchen item we could need, and we really felt at home. We will keep coming back!

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled with family
surfside334, Manager at The Surfside Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2015

Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I look forward to your next visit. I am so pleased that you enjoyed staying with us. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help with your reservation plans for your next arrival.

Reviewed July 17, 2015

Covered with salt spray after a day of paddling and surfing, the super clean bath and shower was god sent. I stowed my next days lunch in the fridge and cleaned up my email on the free wifi. Thank you Surfside!

Room Tip: For a quiet nights sleep, ask for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled solo
surfside334, Manager at The Surfside Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2015

Thank you for your review. I am so happy that we were able to make your day more enjoyable. It was my pleasure to make sure that your room was up to your standards including the bathroom. I take pride in knowing that our guests are completely satisfied with the cleanliness of there rooms along with anything that is needed while they are here. I certainly look forward to your return.
Manager

Reviewed July 10, 2015 via mobile

With last minute plans to visit block island for the Fourth of July I called the surfside looking for a room. I was only looking for one night stay and they gladly excepted my reservation even though it was a minimum 3 night stay on the holiday weekend. They also went out of their way to accommodate my strange check in times and I am really thankful. The rooms were also great, comfy, and up to date. It was super easy and really allowed me to enjoy my day.

Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank seagul8
surfside334, Manager at The Surfside Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2015

Thank you for your review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was my pleasure to assist you and glad that I was able to accommodate your reservation needs. I look forward to your stay with us again.

Reviewed June 28, 2015

tried to book a room early June when rates are supposed to be lower and what a shock. Rates doubled from last year. $169.00 for a motel room that is old and needs updating? Stayed at La Quinta in Stonington for $79.00 pre-Summer rate. Beautiful large room, king bed, fridge and micro, great swimming pool and not that far from Charlestown and the beaches. Wonderful staff and very clean. Very nice breakfast included. Know where we'll be staying next time.

Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple
4  Thank vikingmom15
surfside334, Manager at The Surfside Motel, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2015

Thank you for your recent review of our motel. We are in line price wise with the lesser motels in the area and actually about the same as last year at this time. Our motel has won the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence for the past 4 years and feel that our prices deserve to be slightly higher then the others. Yes, there are other places further inland that are cheaper but our guests enjoy being within walking distance to the beach, restaurants, the flee market, grocery store, and close to events that happen in Charlestown.

Reviewed June 4, 2015

This is easily located and within a couple of easy walking miles to the beach, quiet, a good value and comfortable. An easy choice that is convenient and economical, located near the Narragansett area and a good value.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.