“Great location”
Review of The Surfside Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Charlestown
The Surfside Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Charlestown
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Easy on and off from Route 1. Brought our dog so I loved that I didn't have to worry about her getting hit while she did her ablutions in the morning because there is a nice little patch of grass that wasn't near the road. Close to a Dunkin Donuts for morning coffee. Loved having a little fridge to keep some water and fruit cold. Great location as we headed out for a day in Newport and it was only 25 minutes away. We got to the Breakers before it opened at 9 and avoided all the traffic in town which came later after we had parked. yay! Will definitely come back when the weather is nice and take advantage of the outdoor grills and picnic tables to have dinner after a day on the beach.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Meredith K
There are newer reviews for The Surfside Motel

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We came up for a weekend getaway to the Nordic Lodge. I was not looking for a big place to stay in. So I used Trip Planner. And I read all of the reviews. Even though the reviews were good. I still was apprehensive. Motels are always associated as being seedy, dirty places. When I arrived it was so cute and quaint. No one was in the office so I rang the bell and the most pleasant voice came over it. Debbie rushed down to the office. I told her I had to use the restroom. In 3 minutes I was checked in and walked into the cutest little room I have ever seen. It was so clean and neat. I loved the colors. The reviews did not do it any justice. I have never stayed anyplace that was so clean. I mean it was clean! Anyway It was really not what I expected. They provide you with BBQ grills and picnic tables. The only complaint I did have was the size of the shower. It was way to small. But everything else was so perfect! I will be back!

Room Tip: Clean! Clean! Clean! Not your ordinary Motel! And friendly staff!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cherise Y
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We booked this hotel for 1 night during a house hunting trip. We were arriving after midnight but that was no problem as they arranged for the room to be ready.

Know what you are buying. This is an old hotel like a holiday inn of the 50's. The room has a flat screen and a refrig. The shower is so tiny I had problems getting in and out. Having said that the room was clean, the bed comfortable and it was very quiet.

It fit our needs perfectly. We bought a house and will stay here during the renovations!

Room Tip: Room 1 was perfect for the 2 of us.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tamjr
toddbc, Manager at The Surfside Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and your review. I'm glad everything worked out for you and you had no trouble with your late arrival. We do try to make things as easy as possible especially for those with that situation. I'm also glad that you found the room clean, comfortable and quiet. We look forward to seeing you in the future when you are going thru house renovations. I will be more than happy to assist you at that time.
Debbie

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Clean, Clean, Clean!!! Cute and cozy efficiency.... All appliances worked. Wicked comfortable king bed. Close to all the stuff you really need. Great hostess!!!!!!!! Would seriously recomend "Phil's" Resteraunt in Wakefield. Great food and staff at a nice price. Can't wait to venture down from the North East Kingdom of Vermont again soon. Thanks a bunch.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank StevenH342
toddbc, Manager at The Surfside Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us and I'm pleased you had a pleasant experience. I look forward to helping with your reservation needs in the future.
Debbie
The Surfside Motel

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We spent one night at this little motel. It had amenities I wasn't expecting, like wifi and hair dryer. My brother's room had a little kitchen. The rooms were immaculate and quaint, with a bed, dresser, tv, mini fridge and closet organizer, a chair and bathroom with shower. Basic, but suited our needs perfectly. Debbie at the front desk was friendly and helpful. It was close to the beach, and local restaurants, like the Breachway Grille, our favorite. We would go back!

Room Tip: Room 5 had a kitchen. Only a few second floor rooms, no elevator that we saw.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sue_and_Jerry_28
toddbc, Manager at The Surfside Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you had a great experience staying with us. We look forward to your return. Debbie

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Beautiful motel and nice staff,always clean and adequately stocked. In rooms were mini fridge and microwave for accessibility and adequately sized television with dvd player. Plenty of parking available.Quiet neighborhood and nice beach area. Very close to a Dunkin Donuts and local convenience store! Local restaurants and breakfast nooks as well..Everything was exceptional! Recommend to stay if you love the beach area and appreciate great service! Close to nearby Wakefield, Narrangansett, Westerly,RI.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank JL G
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Always clean, quiet, and affordable. Thanks for a great place to call home a few times a year. I always make it a point to stop here when I am in town for golfing, hunting, fishing or just visiting the area.

Room Tip: Room #1 or 3
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank David E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlestown
Pleasant View Inn
#3 of 17 in Westerly
Phil and Anns Sunset Motel
Phil and Anns Sunset Motel
#3 of 4 in Charlestown

Been to The Surfside Motel? Share your experiences!