“Beautiful Gardens...too much incense”

Fantastic Umbrella Factory
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Charlestown
More attraction details
Owner description: Converted barns which now house shops of local craftspeople.
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Beautiful Gardens...too much incense”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have been wanting to check out the Fantastic Umbrella Factory for a while. The flowered paths and gardens were beautiful, the free ranging ducks and chickens were fun and the emu pen was very entertaining. They have feed for the animals for a small fee so that you can feed the animals. There were several shops on site as well as a cafe. The shops were cute, but they all had a heavy incense smell (this is a turn off for me, but most people don't mind). The prices in the shops were reasonable and there was a lady doing temporary henna tattoos. This is a great place to just explore and wander. I do wish that they had a map or some kind of orientation for the newbies as we ended up at several dead ends and at one point in what appeared to be the employee parking lot. Despite these things it is a beautiful site.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank starmarker521

West Hartford, Connecticut, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Timeless”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Our family has been going to the Umbrella Factory upon its inception! We enjoy the pottery, Emus, Goats, and now, the restaurant. Excellent food. We just love the eclectic atmosphere.

Visited May 2012
3 Thank Pamela A
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great fun, a place to buy something different”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Really cool place to get something a little different. Staff friendly and animals outside are an extra bonus.

5 Thank Spring2life
Bristol
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great eyeglasses, great service”
Reviewed November 25, 2010

We learned of Vintage Eyeware at the Brimfield Antiques Fair in July 2010.

Our son was in need of new glasses and they had a fabulous selection of unique frames. We selected a pair with the intent of either having them sent to us as is or give them his prescription and have them make up fully complete eyeglasses. When we got home we got the prescription from his optometrist and called their shop and then send them the prescription. We paid the additional amount and a few weeks later we got the eyeglasses in the mail. Great service, My son loves the vintage eyeglasses and has received many compliments on them. He wears them everyday and the workmanship was superb.

i have only been to the Fantastic Umbrella Factory when I was in college over 35 years ago and it was very cool then and I can't wait to visit it again in the near future.

4 Thank juanm105
Jensen Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“LOVE IT !!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2010

have been going there since the early 70's. It's changed alot, but feels the same. My children love it too, I've taken them and their friends when we vacaction in the area. . The friends enjoyed it also. My grandson has now been there and he also loves it. The animals used to run around freely, chickens,goats, ya know, farm animals. Now they live in the back. Different, but still OK. I love this place !!!!!

2 Thank moleen