“Great find”

Le Central
Ranked #9 of 88 Restaurants in Bristol
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Le Central is a neighborhood bistro that offers modern versions of French classics using local produce and fresh ingredients. Our menu and wine list focus on affordable, eclectic and unique offerings.
Reviewed September 11, 2017

Read a review by one of the waitstaff' husband on YELP. And we laughed because what else could say but great. We went and ended up with his wife Kayla as our waitress. He was right. Food is amazing. We had steaks, grilled lobster and lobster mac and cheese. All delicious. Service was wonderful and they split up several dishes as they knew we all wanted to sample each dish. Dessert of bread pudding was a fine finish to a very pleasant dining experience.

1  Thank Ricki L

Reviewed August 26, 2017

I give out very few 5 star reviews, but I do not hesitate to give Le Central one. We had dinner here last night and it was wonderful. The service was outstanding. Our server was knowledgeable and attentive without being obtrusive. I had the Pate Campagne which was very good. I did not understand why it came with a huge mound of mustard, but so what. The home made pickle relish contrasted with it nicely. I had the duck leg and sausage for a main course and it was well prepared also. It came with kimchi of all things, but the kimchi was mild and also worked well with the duck and sausage. The wife had the steak which was perfectly cooked. The Cotes du Rhone was a very good value at $34 a bottle. or dessert we had creme brulee and chocolate bread pudding, both excellent. A previous review did not like the decor. I found it very nice and relaxing, with white table cloths. The same reviewer also complained about being out of the Coq au Vin. I watched it come out in iron kettles, and everyone who had it looked like they enjoyed it. Obviously Coq au Vin has to be made ahead so I understand how it could sell out on a busy night. The previous reviewer expected a more pretentious French restaurant, so I do not count their review as fair. Le Central is much more like a typical neighborhood restaurant you would find in France, with daily specials and a limited but very well executed menu. We will be back.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

We wanted to like and were hopeful, but did not meet our expectations or that of previous diners. Lacks atmosphere for sure. They were out of the one thing we wanted ... and it was chicken! How do you run out of chicken? The wine was fair at best. We should have gone with our first instinct and left once we went in. I never like to write negative reviews, but I have to be honest on this one.

jesse j, Owner at Le Central, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

I'm very sorry that you didn't enjoy your experience at Le Central. We've always been a low key neighborhood spot, which our decor, wine selections and menu reflect. I'm confused by the chicken comment, though. We try not to have a lot of product on hand in order to maintain a fresh menu, but we haven't been out of either of our chicken dishes in recent memory. I apologize if you were told this in error, even the best of staff sometimes makes a mistake. There are many great restaurants in Bristol, I hope you found one more to your liking.

Reviewed July 31, 2017

We really enjoyed our meal here. The quality of the ingredients and preparation is excellent. I had sparking fresh raw oysters and grilled lobster w/ haricot verts. Ingredients are fresh and high quality. Service is unpretentious, friendly, and efficient. We had an excellent white Burgundy by the glass that was fresh and delicious (the option of a 3 ounce pour is a great idea). Pricing is reasonable and a great value. We will be back.

1  Thank Ed A
Reviewed July 23, 2017

This is the place for the best food in Bristol. It is country French without any pretention. The cocktails are well prepared and the menu has ample choices. Regardless as to what I order I always appreciate the presentation. You cannot go wrong here.

1  Thank KirD