“Best Restaurant Ever”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I have dined here many times. Sometimes we pick our own courses but other times we do the tasting menu and completely submit to the Chef, those are usually the most magical nights. I have never been disappointed by one dish he has served us. We are literally in heaven whenever we get a chance to go to Persimmon and splurge. Absolutely amazing!

There are newer reviews for Persimmon Restaurant

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

The menu & beverage selection, the good preparation & presentation, and the accompanying service is amazing and memorable. They've added a vegetarian entree to their menu too. It is an experience that should not be missed. Quite possibly the best restaurant in Rhode Island where there are many wonderful choices. Reservations are highly recommended.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

This foodie thoroughly enjoyed her experience at Persimmons in lovely Bristol RI. I indulged upon the pan roasted beef strip loin basted in whole butter, garlic and fresh thyme with
cippolini onions, king trumpet mushrooms and potato purée; sauce Bordelaise. Can you say "tender"? It sure was…melt in your mouth to be sure! The meat was savory flavorful yumminess! The service was top notch. We felt very spoiled and well cared for by the entire restaurant staff. My friend enjoyed the succulent low roasted North Star Farm lamb loin, lamb shoulder and braised rillette with glazed and roasted native carrots, parsnips and light lamb jus. His meal was equally fantastic! The plate presentation was beautiful, contributing to the lure of this quaint little restaurant. We loved every bite. You must go and enjoy a special night out at Persimmons! You deserve it!

Reviewed June 28, 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 49th wedding anniversary at this delightful restaurant that we have visited two times over the past few years and have never been disappointed. As we were preparing to leave our waitress said “Happy anniversary,” and we found that the couple next to us were celebrating their 42nd anniversary. We also heard “Happy anniversary” from another table close by to us, but which suggests that this is a really special occasion restaurant with exceptional food that suits the occasion.

My wife have had the softshell crab appetizer, which she said was a real treat, as well as the duck breast which was excellent. I had suggested the fois gras for myself, but decided on the tasting menu. The fois gras was included in this tasting menu for me as a six item along with a matching wine. This proved to be a remarkable selection of small dishes, chosen by the chef, along with appropriate wines. The wines ranged from California to Sicily with two French wines as well. I was reminded of our meal at 11 Madison Park in Manhattan with multiple courses at a cost that one would not like to repeat frequently. This tasting menu compared quite favorably. This was not inexpensive but was well worth it. The parking was a problem, as the restaurant is in downtown Bristol. Our dinner was one week before 4 July which Bristol always celebrate a really big way, beginning a week earlier. The centerline on Main Street is painted red white and blue. We were advised to get an earlier time because of the parking problem. I hope to go back more frequently.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Persimmons is the go-to place for unique and Gormet meals in the East Bay. For a special Sunday night meal my wife and I ordered a bottle of NZ Sauvignon Blanc and appetizers of Soft Shell Crab and Foie Gois (sp) , both perfectly cooked and very tasty.. A small bite of steak tartare was served before as well as delicious bread and a flavored butter.
Our entrees were both seafood, my wife with sautéed fluke and mine was a seafood ragout with a large piece of crispy coated sea bass,mussels,clams and sautéed scallops over a sauce of sautéed leeks, tomato bits, and baby white potatoes. The taste of our sauces was, as usual perfect, and the meal was served in just the right tempo by our server.
Persimmons has a very high , consistent standard for fresh ingredients, accompanying sauces that match the main meal very well. The chef /owner is a perfectionist and never disappoints and always surprises with new menu items daily.
The desert list looked fabulous and we have had some previously, but were just right finishing the very dry and fruity SV. The wine list is not extensive but carefully selected to match the menu, and there are a number of reasonably priced bottles in all categories, as well as the high end stuff.
Once or twice a year, Persimmons is always a treat with menu items you won't find anywhere in RI.