“Very Nice”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Went for wife's birthday. Small, nice, and intimate. Discerning, older crowd. Somewhat pricey but very good food. Had the lamb two ways and the duck. Along with appetizers we had enough to eat with no left overs. The service was outstanding. Food presentation was interesting and pleasing. We will return but not as a regular as prices will deter frequent dining. All in all, we were glad we experienced this fine dining establishment.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

It's a rare treat, each bit a a wonderful taste sensation! There were four of us, each with a different entree, and each of us thought our dish was fantastic!

To those individuals who wrote negative comments about the portion size, please understand that's what fine dining is all about..... fresh ingredients, creative taste companions, and a slow easy pace. It's not suppose to be bulk and super sized! If that's what you wanted, some one steered you to the wrong place .

Reviewed October 1, 2013

What a surprise to find such a great restaurant in a small town in RI. Everythng about the meal was very good. Wine list is good. Only let down was the bread.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Persimmon is a superb restaurant. The staff was welcoming and helpful in guiding us in our selection of wine and food. Quite frankly, I think that no matter we would have ordered, it would have been delicious. This restaurant can stand head and shoulders with any noted NYC restaurant. The food is beautifully presented, wonderfully prepared and very reasonable. The decor is lovely and I would highly recommend Persimmon. I loved it!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Having walked past Persimmon a few times during the day when visiting Bristol in the past, I kept thinking that I must try this restaurant some time. I only wish that I'd tried it before now! The intimate dining room is warm and tastefully decorated, the service was perfect - friendly and attentive while unobtrusive, and all three courses were beautifully presented and cooked to perfection. The wine list had many interesting selections with some nice wines by the glass, including the Burgundy that I selected.

I wished that my "Fois Gras Two Ways" appetizer would never end, and my husband's piquant octopus with chorizo was outstanding. My duck breast was 'melt in your mouth' delicious and cooked medium, just as I had requested, while the crispy skin striped bass with littlenecks, lobster and mussels in a boullabaise broth was superb. I finished with native fresh peach with huckleberry sorbet and an almond and vanilla streusel, a triumph!

Our final bill was surprisingly reasonable for the quality of the meal, and we look forward to dining here many more times and introducing our foodie friends to this little culinary gem!