“Excellent meal.”

New Haven, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent meal.”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

What a surprise to find such a great restaurant in a small town in RI. Everythng about the meal was very good. Wine list is good. Only let down was the bread.

Visited September 2013

new city, new york
“Fabulous find!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Persimmon is a superb restaurant. The staff was welcoming and helpful in guiding us in our selection of wine and food. Quite frankly, I think that no matter we would have ordered, it would have been delicious. This restaurant can stand head and shoulders with any noted NYC restaurant. The food is beautifully presented, wonderfully prepared and very reasonable. The decor is lovely and I would highly recommend Persimmon. I loved it!

Orlando, Florida
“What a Treat!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Having walked past Persimmon a few times during the day when visiting Bristol in the past, I kept thinking that I must try this restaurant some time. I only wish that I'd tried it before now! The intimate dining room is warm and tastefully decorated, the service was perfect - friendly and attentive while unobtrusive, and all three courses were beautifully presented and cooked to perfection. The wine list had many interesting selections with some nice wines by the glass, including the Burgundy that I selected.

I wished that my "Fois Gras Two Ways" appetizer would never end, and my husband's piquant octopus with chorizo was outstanding. My duck breast was 'melt in your mouth' delicious and cooked medium, just as I had requested, while the crispy skin striped bass with littlenecks, lobster and mussels in a boullabaise broth was superb. I finished with native fresh peach with huckleberry sorbet and an almond and vanilla streusel, a triumph!

Our final bill was surprisingly reasonable for the quality of the meal, and we look forward to dining here many more times and introducing our foodie friends to this little culinary gem!

NYC
“Best restaurant in RI and best value.”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This restaurant is absolutely worth the 20-minute drive from Providence. It is really worth the drive from NYC. The food, presentation and service were outstanding. The restaurant has a very personal feel since one owner is the chef and the other works in the dining room. The restaurant achieves a nice balance of a special occasion restaurant with candles and tablecloths but yet feels casual at the same time.

This restaurant would be a top NYC restaurant until you see the pricing and then you remember that you are in RI. To have amazing food at more than fair pricing makes this restaurant a real treat.

Many of the dishes showcase a flavor with multiple techniques. It is clear the chef really enjoys food and wants his diners to have fun as well.

We decided to order a bunch of small plates since they just looked too enticing. The meal began with a corn soup amuse bouche. The corn was so sweet and milky. It was a great way to start off the meal.

The salad of native heirloom tomatoes was beautifully presented and outstanding. The tomatoes were at their peek of flavor and the dish was very innovative.

We then moved onto the warm carrot soup. This is NOT your typical carrot soup by any stretch of the imagination. The soup was silky perfection.

The Westport cheese curd were little pillows of ravioli. They melted in our mouth and were so light and fluffy.

The foie gras with the pickled peaches was an interesting combination of flavors. Again, the foie gras was presented in multiple ways.

Each dish was incredible. We sat with anticipation waiting to see and taste each dish. We were too full for dessert but the check is presented with an absolutely, yummy chocolate truffle with basil which was perfect.

Thank you so much for a fabulous dinner.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Intimate restaurant in pretty Bristol, RI”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is my second time dining at Persimmon. A well appointed and intimate restaurant on a side street off Main St in downtown Bristol. The menu is seasonal with French influences. The food was excellent and service was attentive and appropriate. The dining room albeit small was well laid out and a nice ambient noise level. I would recommend it when visiting the area,

• Visited July 2013