“It was ok”
Review of DeWolf Tavern

DeWolf Tavern
Ranked #10 of 84 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: DeWolf Tavern serves Contemporary American Cuisine in a beautifully situated, historically renovated stone warehouse, located on the Thames Street Landing waterfront in the heart of downtown Bristol, Rhode Island. Our guests can enjoy the bay breeze with cooling cocktails on our casual patio, come inside for a glass of wine and a light meal in our downstairs Tavern or head upstairs to enjoy the view and fireplace with a bottle of fine wine and a special meal prepared by Chef Sai Viswanath. Open Seven Days a Week. Breakfast: Friday to Sunday 7am to 11:00am Full Menu: 11:30 am-10:30pm Monday through Saturday Sunday 11:30am-9:30pm
Mass.
“It was ok”
Reviewed May 25, 2009

My wife and I have been to the tavern 3 times our first dining experience was absolutely fine sat downstairs near the bar and food service were as you would expect. Sat upstairs the next 2 times (larger parties) and the food was as expected but the service was indifferent.. Try downstairs and or the bar and try it when it is busy.

New Jersey
“Very impressed!”
Reviewed May 7, 2009

I was arriving late on a weekday evening to take my RWU student with a few of his friends for dinner and was recommended by the Bristol Inn, where we were staying. I told them I was particular and the food was important to me, especially traveling for 4.5 hours in the rain from New Jersey, and they told me I would enjoy the food and that was an understatement. The food was incredible! After reading these reviews, I don't know if we lucked out because we arrived at 9 pm and there was only one other table filled but the service, also, was good.
The salt cod cake is a must and the soups were wonderful. I'm returning this Saturday night so I hope my experience is as good as the first!
Also, the price of the meal was very reasonable for the quality food.

Rhode Island
“Intriguing Cuisine”
Reviewed April 25, 2009

Chef Saye has doen a great job putting together an affordable menu with an interesting blend of american, new england and Indian influences. The atmosphere is romantic , comfortable and historic. The bar is large and well stocked with friendly service. This is a wonderful place particularly for dinner. Whether you have a mussels appetizer, full entree or the extraordinary steak sandwich with the fresh hot chips, the quality is there. A Sunday to Thursday value menu is a reat deal. In the summer, the outdoor deck and bar is fantastic.

1 Thank raifhs
Jchapman3, Owner at DeWolf Tavern, responded to this review, October 27, 2015
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our great restaurant. We appreciate feedback so much so that we can improve ourselves and provide a better experience for all of our amazing guests.

Thank you and come back soon!

Your friends at DeWolf Tavern
Nashua, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The concept of customer service completely escapes this business.”
Reviewed March 30, 2009

We went to this restaurant for two reasons: 1. We were interested in holding our wedding rehearsal dinner here 2. We'd heard great things about the food and the ambience and thought it would be nice to treat my dad to a meal for his birthday.

First, 4 emails and voicemail messages I left for their event coordinator over the course of 3 weeks were never returned. When I finally managed to get a different employee on the phone, he was cordial and friendly and we scheduled a meeting for 1:30 on a Saturday to tour the restaurant and discuss menus, so I was hopeful all would go well. We drove down from NH and arrived shortly after 12 PM for lunch. We were one of only 2 parties in the restaurant at the time, but even so, the service was terrible. Our service was very inattentive, and our lunch order of sandwiches took over an hour to arrive, with no explanation of why it was taking so long.

The manager we were scheduled to meet with at 1:30 never showed up. We waited until 2 PM for him, then asked the hostess if someone else could give us a tour of the event rooms. The head chef gave us a tour. While I recognize that the restaurant is in a historic industrial building, the event rooms look like 18th century prison chambers! Very dark, creepy feeling, and few windows. The first floor event room was brighter, but smelled like a nursing home. Our tourguide also introduced us to the event coordinator (the one who never returned my calls or emails). When I told her my name, she said "that name sounds familiar." I said, "that's because I left you several phone messages a month ago." She squirmed and offered up the excuse that she has another client with a name similar to mine. Whatever.

While talking to this event coordinator, my fiance, parents and I all got distinct impression that she was completely uninterested in securing our business and we politely excused ourselves and left.

Long story short, my afternoon at the Dewolf Tavern ranks amongst my top 3 worst restaurant experiences to date and I will never return.

1 Thank Sarah D
newport
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Worst restaurant in Bristol”
Reviewed February 20, 2009

This restaurant is way over priced, and way understaffed. Its like a jungle gym inside there with waitstaff that is too not experienced enough. If you like hair in your Food you will go to the DeWolf Tavern

1 Thank SecretShoppers1