“very good food,nice atmosphere”

Redlefsen's Rotisserie & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Redlefsen's Rotisserie & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 84 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: American, European, German
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Franklin Street
Transit: There is a bus stop at Hope street and Franklin Street.
West Orange, New Jersey
“very good food,nice atmosphere”
Reviewed December 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Stopped for lunch in area on a holiday weekend. Food was very good and varied selections.food was served fresh and hot.Service was friendly and professional. Service was slow but belive that was due to light holiday staffing. Made us slow down and enjoy the meal. Will return and do recommend.

Visited November 2013

seattle
“Pleasant staff. Good location. Nothing to say Wow about.”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I went to Redlefen's Rotisserie and Grill as a solo diner. The staff was very pleasant and accomodating. (I observed a couple of diners request a different table for one reason or another and the staff happy to make the change when possible). The food was good but not spectacular. I am always on the lookout for an authentic German meal and this was NOT the place. That said, it was a decent meal at a decent price.

Newport, RI
“A nice comforting meal”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

A nice evening with my family. Great service, very pleasant and knowledgeable waitress.

The food was good but I wouldn't call it great. I was so looking forward to my salad with mixed greens, pears, bleu cheese and pecans but it was a heaping mound of greens and the accompaniments got lost in the pile of lettuces. I don’t understand why chefs don’t consider that a salad is much more pleasant when eat bite contains a little bit of all of the ingredients.

I had the sole picatta, which was very nicely cooked. The fish was flaky and tasted fresh. The potato pancakes served along with them were very disappointing. They resembled frozen supermarket hash brown patties. I know that doesn’t sound very nice. But they appeared to be deep fried (my husband said that they did state this on the menu but I didn’t notice) and very salty. I expected nicely seasoned pan fried rounds. The seasonal vegetables, beets and cauliflower were just ok, nothing special.

My husband ordered one of the German sausage dishes and he was quite pleased. Although I tasted his meal, I won’t comment because it is not a dish that I care for so it would be unfair to judge it.

Another member of our party ordered Sauerbraten from the price fixe menu for restaurant week and she was quite pleased. I tasted the meat expecting it to be melt in your mouth but it wasn’t, it was chewy. Had I ordered it, I wouldn't have been pleased.

My son loved his burger and fries! He is tough to please and doesn’t care to dine out but he raved about this place.

A location is fabulous, right across from the water. The interior is very cheerful. Overall, a nice time but it won’t be on my top 10.

• Visited November 2013
Dighton, Massachusetts
“Oktoberfest in Rhode Island”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went for the Oktoberfest celebration! They had German music playing, dancers, and bell ringing music which all lent to the atmosphere. They had printed sheets of the words to the music, on each place setting, in case you wanted to join in. The restaurant was busy so I would recommend reservations. The restaurant was clean, tables and chairs in good condition. Our waitress was good but I think a little too busy with larger tables which kind of slowed down our dining experience, but the floor show and music helped pass time, so it made it more tolerable. The owner brought our food out which was a nice touch. The food was very good and hot, the menu had about the right amount of items to choose from. Had the Weiner schnitzel a la Holstein which came with spaetzle, diced apples and squash, and red cabbage. Delish! Finished our meal with coffee and apple strudel a la mode. It was a fun night and is worth a return trip. Nice beer selection, as well.

Rehoboth, Massachusetts
“Great location, Fun atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I went here for a special occasion, we had rented the function room in the back. I have to say I thought the function room was very pleasant and was perfect for our family event. We had our own waitress who was very helpful and friendly. The food was pretty good as well. They have a great beer selection!

I have to note that in the main dinning room they were having one of their Oktoberfest nights and everyone looked so happy and was having a good time. It was great to see. I want to go back and dine in the main dinning room during one of these nights. The staff was dancing and everyone was laughing and it looked like a great time.

Also to note, they have a great location right on Independence Park on the Bristol Waterfront. You couldn't ask for a better spot.