“Great Expectations”

Dining options: Reservations
The Villages, Florida
“Great Expectations”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Heard praises so we had "great expectations". We were not disappointed. The service was very good and the food excellent. The owner even stopped by to see how all went. I would most certainly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank cpbis

Milford, CT
“Great view, average food”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We visited the restaurant after sunset, but we could tell the view would have been spectacular. Unfortunately, the food was not. I ordered swordfish, which was inexplicably fishy smelling. My husband had a steak which was OK but nothing special. The glasses of wine were tiny. We are definitely not fine dining food snobs, but were disappointed with both the food and the ambiance, which was reminiscent of a cafeteria.

Visited March 2014
Pensacola, Florida
“A solid choice for a good meal”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We are always pleased to have dinner here. The food is very, very good. Servers are super friendly. Atmosphere is cozy. Had dinner with friends the other night and they were really surprised and satisfied. Prices are reasonable. Right across from the bay with outside dining in season. We try to eat here 3-4 times a year.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank wayne l
Bristol, Rhode Island
“Horrible”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Don't go there. They treat you horribly & take their customers for granted. Go to Quito's, Redlefsen's or Agave which are all in the same area. Not to mention Roberto's, Aidan's, Persimmon & Lobster Pot among others. Bristol, RI is a beautiful town and SS Dion does not deserve your business there.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank P P
East Providence, Rhode Island
“Great service”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I went to this restaurant on the recommendation of friends and was not disappointed. I had a difficult time choosing from the many lobster specials or the regular menu. I shared an appetizer of calamari and they were perfectly fried. The batter was light and the calamari themselves were tender, not chewy at all. My entree was the fried scallops with sweet potato fries. My scallops were, again, perfectly fried. They could have been cooked a little longer however as they were a little underdone in the center. Two of my dining companions had the baked stuffed shrimp. They both
said their shrimp was under cooked and they didn't like how their shrimp was not butterflied to accommodate the stuffing. Instead the stuffing was just placed on the side. Our waitress was attentive, had a good sense of humor, and knowledgeable about the menu. I will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2013