“Excellent Dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Roberto's Restaurant

Roberto's Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 84 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Glen, NH
“Excellent Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are very critical when it comes to Italian restaurants. Roberto's did not disappoint. We started with a calamari appetizer (with olives and tomatoes and pancetta)which was very different and delicious. We also split a roast beet salad - excellent and fresh. I had the terrific lasagne with meatball and sausage in the stuffing. The serving was huge and provided another dinner the next night (2 for 1!). My wife had rigatoni with lamb bolognese which was also excellent (and also provided some leftovers). We finished by splitting a tiramisu dessert - wonderful and well-presented. Service was impeccable.

Visited November 2013

CT
“Pricey but equal to others”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Food was good on higher end for price but average for area. Went on a Monday most where dressed w suites and work attire, we did not have time to dress for dinner as we where coming from a day of travel.

Service a bit slow and never got to hear the specials even after asking. I had cod dish and was able to finish. Enjoyed the bread before dinner also. Husband had lasagna and enjoyed it had some left over.

After seeing menus in local windows would like to try other options.

Visited October 2013
New Haven, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ok italian food. Good enough for a meal before the drive home.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Food was average. Pasta was cooked well. Limited wine list. Didn't live up to its reputation or reviews.

Visited September 2013
Newport, Rhode Island
“Consistently Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I dine here frequently, we find the food and service consistently good. Some of my favorite dishes are Lobster a la Dina, Lobster Ravioli, Chicken Carbonara, Cod Scarpriello, Veal Nina and Lasagna. My husband has a whole other list of favorites including Seafood Possillipo, Cod Roberto and the Bolognese. My favorite appetizers are Manzo Croccante and Grilled Portabella Mushrooms although both are so large they can be eaten as a meal. The atmosphere is really pleasant, wait staff is attentive and bartenders always serve up great cocktails. Plentiful wine list as well.

• Visited August 2013
Cornwall on Hudson, New York
“perfection on pasta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Actually only my wife had pasta, but the title reflects our experience at the restaurant. From the moment we walked in until the moment we left every part of the experience was total experience. We enjoyed the ambiance of Roberto's. The wine list was excellent and fairly priced. The menu selections were interesting and our two entrees and two appetizers were excellent. We did not have dessert. The portion size of the dishes was more then ample and quality outstanding.

If someone asked me to list the negatives of our meal I honestly could not list any.

• Visited July 2013