“Neat local pub”

Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 8, 2014

After you try unsuccessfully to stop in Newport, come to Bristol and stop in at Aidan's Pub for good food. Personable waitstaff , the outside decks(2), the menu, the beer list, all contributed to a great afternoon meal. Stop in and enjoy the atmosphere and good food.

1  Thank Captcaffeine
There are newer reviews for Aidan's Pub

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Was here with friends on Memorial Day Weekend. Enjoyed yummy dinner & apps & drinks. Nice place to hang out and eat & drink !!

1  Thank nanbillf
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Just left after taking the mother in law here with my wife. I was expecting it to be busy, but the wait time was ridiculous. We waited for over half hour after being told the wait was only going to be a few minutes. We just waited it out, too hungry to go anywhere else, and I figured we would be served relatively quickly.

We were finally seated, but wasn't given the drinks menu by the waitress/hostess, only realized there was one after I'd ordered, to my disappointment. Heard the selection was good. Oh well. We waited so long, but that's all you can say. Don't know why, been in busier restaurants and been served quicker.

Staff around the restaurant wasn't too impressive either. One guy in the orange/green/white shirt was shouting over our table to people he knew behind us. Others were sitting having conversations next to us. And I had a piece of dirty cutlery fly from the waitresses hand and just missed my leg. Didn't get picked up either.

Finally the food came, and was pretty good. Fish and chips was a pretty good sized portion, and the chips weren't fries which was good.

Overall the food was good, but the service ruined it. I can understand it being busy and waiting a little, but what I experienced wasn't acceptable in my opinion.

2  Thank newenglanderofold
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We had occasion to visit Aidan's for Sunday brunch; had a good ole fashion Irish breakfast and Shepard's pie. Both were excellent; will definitely revisit.

1  Thank IP3806
Reviewed April 24, 2014

An extensive beer list, with a food menu that is plentiful. Nice atmosphere. Good service. What more can you ask for?

1  Thank zinika