“Outdoor Lunch Spot”

Cuisines: American, Irish, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We went to Aidan's for lunch. We wanted a location with a nice outdoor patio option - Aiden's delivers! I ordered the baked cod, which came with rice and zucchini. The fish and rice were delicious, but the zucchini was disappointingly soaked in oil. I couldn't even eat it. My husband had the bangers and mash, which comes with baked beans. He really enjoyed it. We would definitely return.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by Aidan's because walking by it appeared to be one of the busier places and I've learned in the past that crowded restaurants are either brand new or very good. Although I didn't eat, the few dishes I saw served to patrons around me at the outside bar looked delicious and made me wish I was hungry. The beer selection was above average and the service was not lacking. Great location in a beautiful New England town.

1  Thank CaribbeanGent
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had lunch here on a sunny afternoon. The food was good. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Ambiance is low key, but with good food for a great price. Serving is traditionally irish. A family hangout favorite!

1  Thank bellullabob
Reviewed April 30, 2013

While driving through Bristol, looking for a place for lunch, we stumbled upon Aidan’s Pub. I wasn’t really in the mood for pub food, but we went anyhow.

Not a bad call … standard Irish pub menu, but what really won me over was the beer menu, with 88 selections, including perhaps 20 on tap. I went with the Harpoon Seasonal Summer Ale. If I didn’t have a long drive ahead of me, I’d have done more sampling.

I don’t know why, but every time I go to an Irish-themed pub, I go straight for the Rueben sandwich. And so it was at Aidan’s. Very nicely done, with thick, hand-carved corned beef, and I was very pleased to see that, unlike in many other places, the fillings didn’t render the bread soggy.

The service was very good, attentive but not hovering, and the prices were quite reasonable.

2  Thank John V