“Excellent lobster salad at lunch and baked stuffed lobster at dinner...”
Review of The Lobster Pot

The Lobster Pot
Ranked #13 of 88 Restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2016

Wonderful, hearty, bountiful lobster salad with fabulous big chunks of perfectly cooked lobster. And the baked stuffed lobster at dinner was equally good and easy to eat.

Reviewed May 21, 2016

Going back at least 10 years, my family and I have visited the Lobster Pot 2-3 times each year. Every time I leave, I promise myself that I won't return. It is a great location, and parking is fairly convenient! Unfortunately, management must think that they can charge Newport prices solely based on their view of the water!!
The food is just NOT that good! My wife and I ordered two absolute martinis to start. One with a twist, the other with olives. My mother had a ginger ale. The piece of lemon in my wife's drink was about the size of a dime, my olives were like mush.
My wife and I split and order of cherrystones. terrible! Bone dry! Tasteless, and tiny shell pieces in all six!!! This is Mother's day, you can't shuck clams to order!?!?!?!?!

Our salads were good, but the lobster bisque was watery, bland, and lacked even a hint of lobster!

At one point prior to our entrees, I said to our waitress "Sorry, but I forgot your name?", she quickly and curtly responded - "I didn't tell you my name!" That set the tone for the rest of the meal!!

My mother (against my advice) ordered the $28.00 baked Mac & Cheese with lobster. Lots of Mac & Cheese....very little lobster! My wife had the $40.00 lobster salad plate, which she ended up taking home because she wanted to leave right after the waitress' rude remark. I had a $52.00, 1.5lb baked stuffed lobster. It was stuffed with some very undercooked lobster meat(claw & knuckles) and 3 small undercooked scallops. A baked potato that was both burnt on the bottom, and "warm" at best.

I thought that maybe if we could finish this meal on a high note, that the rest of if could be forgotten. Wrong!

I ordered a peach liquor' which was on the menu. She came back out in seconds and said- "Sorry we're out of that". I asked for a black Sambuca (which is on the menu). She needed to go check. Seconds later she tells me - "Sorry we're out of that too". I said ok, how about an expresso with some Grand mariner....?? She immediately said ' "Wow, but the expresso machine isn't working, want to try again??"

I reluctantly paid the bill and left. As we were walking out the door, the Hostess looked right at me and simply said - "thanks for coming". No - "How was your meal?" No - "Happy Mother's Day"....."Hope to see you again".....nothing that would want me to return....even at the slightest chance!!

Over 10+ years now that I have given this establishment more than it's fair share of "second chances". This is a tourist trap with a nice view, nothing more. If I'm going to be charged Newport prices, then I will go and dine in Newport!

Reviewed April 23, 2016

This restaurant has been a mainstay of the middle class eating crowd on the waterfront in Bristol, RI for at least 30 years. The parking lot was always full and still is; however, I discovered on a recent visit as a guest of family members that The Lobster Pot has become a drinking establishment with a loud bar and live loud music in addition to the restaurant.

The food has suffered--rubbery shrimp in my scampi, a lobster bisque dark brown in color with two miniscule pieces of lobster and a grape nut pudding in which the grape nuts were a solid inedible mass at the bottom of the dish.

I was willing to cut them some slack until the music started up in the adjoining bar making it impossible for our party of three to communicate without shouting. I tried in vain to speak with a manager but was ignored by each and very person I spoke to.
None of this would be a problem if we were paying dirt cheap prices for a low end venue but this place is charging upscale restaurant prices.

My advice--skip this place unless you want to drink and listen to lousy live music.

2  Thank CarolMaeRay
Reviewed April 17, 2016 via mobile

Food was not bad, but nothing to brag about. Service just OK. I was missing my napkin and utensils. Nobody checked if I need my drink refill. Food very expensive for quality and service.The only thing we were impressed with was the beatiful view.

Reviewed April 8, 2016 via mobile

We stopped for a lobster roll and drink. The food was delicious, the view beautiful, the service at the bar warm, friendly and attentive.

Been to The Lobster Pot? Share your experiences!