“Excellent food”

Ranked #1 of 87 Restaurants in Bristol
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 3, 2014

First off, if you go, do expect a wait. This is not the fault of the restaurant, but they are simply very busy and since it is self seat you have to grab a table when you have the chance. The seating upstairs is a little cramped, but well worth bumping elbows for the food!!!!! Absolutely, without a doubt, some of the best food I have ever had has been from Beehive. The service is adequate, servers are always friendly but don't come around to tables often, but that is more because the style of restaurant is not a formal, sit down one - it's a fast paced, kind of hectic, almost city bakery style of place (anyone been to Mikes pastries in boston?). Vegan and vegetarian options abound, and I think the whole menu (or at least most) is free range, organic, natural non-gmo food. Fresh squeezed orange juice from the counter downstairs is pricy but delicious and worth the money!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

This establishment was recommended when we asked about a place to buy good healthy sandwiches for a picnic. It proved to be quite a disappointment. It is clearly very popular with the locals who must be accustomed to the significant wait for food which in fast food America must be some challenge! Self service and queue meant we were given little introduction as to how the place worked; the staff were very busy and taking orders over the phone. We were given no indication of the time delay when we placed our order at the till and I found it incredible that you're prompted/invited to pay a 15, 20 or 25% tip at the time you place your order and are asked to pay on computer/tablet screen; and for take away! A cheek and rip off. I ordered the recomended butternut squash sandwich which was okay; nothing special and I had not appreciated that the sandwich would be two thick slices of fried, slightly burnt, pieces of bread. Too greasy and unhealthy for what I was expecting. My son had the BLT which he enjoyed and which I suspect was the better option. I did note the restaurant is about to be closed for extensive kitchen renovations so perhaps the wait for food will be a thing of the past.

1  Thank GCR484
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Although our food was good, it took us a half hour to receive it. Even though I would love to return to the Beehive and try other dishes on the menu, I'm not sure I would have the patience to wait for my meal to arrive.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Beehive is a welcome addition to the restaurant scene in scenic Bristol RI.

Wonderful breakfast items served until 3:00 pm. I had breakfast.burrito with organic eggs black beans ,corn. tomato (sorry ran out of avacado) Friend had BlLT on homemade bread
Views of harbor from upstairs dining area and deck. Self order and pay at counter. At least a 30 minute wait for food to be served. They just have to figure out how to serve good .fresh, creative meals in a timely manner.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Nice, clean, friendly place. Prices reasonable for the area. Can be crowded and busy and you need to wait a while for a seat, Main seating is upstairs for small groups. Went there for lunch. Disappointed in food and service. Ordered a pie and the potato was almost raw. Told a woman serving there and was pretty much given the brush off. She did not exchange the pie. Since the place was busy and we were in an uncomfortable area with people hovering around waiting for a table or squeezing by our table, I just removed the potato from the pie and ate what I could.

Been to Beehive? Share your experiences!