“Lovely,interesting...”

Ranked #2 of 85 Restaurants in Bristol
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Lovely, interesting, little restaurant in a beautiful town. A very good menu with many flavorful vegetarian options. Great looking baked goods. The chickpea burger was excellent.

2  Thank dandfbud

Reviewed August 5, 2013

What a cute spot for lunch! It is located around the corner from Bristol Harbor in an antique looking building. You order downstairs (where they also sell home made cookies, tea breads and cakes) and your meal is brought to you in the upstairs dining area. My husband had the black bean burger with homemade bread, salsa and guacamole which he loved! I preceded to enjoy what was the BEST Grilled Cheese I have ever eaten! For starters they make their own bread which is pretty rare these days. It was a slightly sweet pain de mie style white bread sliced on the thicker side and perfectly toasted and buttery! Tangy Vermont cheddar and caramelized onions rounded out the flavors with a simply dressed side of greens. If this café were located back home in Stamford, needless to say I would eat this sandwich every week! Delicious!

1  Thank ConstanceSF10
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Got an upstairs outdoor deck table overlooking Bristol Harbor. Just perfect. The Gnocchi was terrific-with fresh corn off the cob mixed in. Not heavy at all. Topped off with homemade blueberry/peach pie with vanilla local ice cream. Yum!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

The view.food, service and atmosphere make this place our favorite in Bristol. The sand witches are so good and the sautéed chick peas make me crave to On my way! Back.

1  Thank pamfarmer
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We never thought to do take out here. We ordered 2 dinner take outs. My husband had the meatloaf which was a tasty combo of angus beef, homemade sausage, and pancetta. It came with a heaping pile of mashed potatoes, a flavorful gravy on the side, and sautéed zucchini. He really enjoyed it but wished the meatloaf was a little larger portion. It would have been perfect for me. I had their raw kale salad with a citrus vinaigrette and an eggplant "burger", both were exceptional. The kale salad is quite large so there was enough for lunch the next day. Food that was ordered hot was still steaming when we got it. Everything was so tasty. The food here just seems to be made with a lot of love and quality. Don't miss this...brings you back a bit to the '70s which is really nice for those of us who around then. Oops! Telling my age!

1  Thank lbruna

Been to Beehive? Share your experiences!