“What a Weekend!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Bristol B&B and Inns
West Warwick, Rhode Island
“What a Weekend!”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I cannot say enough about this place!!! It is truly a gem! I plan on returning! I was always led to believe that B&B's were for extremely well off so never thought of venturing to any, I am also a student so I normally don't have a lot to spend. I reserved a room here and my view of B&B's has truly changed; I am now a devout fan!

My boyfriend and I reserved a room here for his birthday and we were greeted by a wonderful Innkeeper who is there to help you with whatever you need; reservations, travel ideas, restaurant ideas etc. But my favorite part about our stay was the breakfasts she served. The food she made was out of this world! From night time snacks to the evening truffles she made it all herself and most of the ingredients she used always tasted fresh because they were from local sources.

We had an excellent weekend and I want to come back here again!

Room Tip: If you like to have your own bathroom choose the Harbor Room. The other two rooms do share a bathroo...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is such a wonderful place to stay. It is a beautiful place and Kathleen is not only a fantastic chef, but a very sweet person as well! I will definitely be back and recommend this to anyone looking for a wonderful B&B experience in the charming town of Bristol.

Room Tip: I stayed with one of my friends, so it was nice that there is a room with two twin beds.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
West Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed December 15, 2011

One of the first things you will notice about this charming B&B is the wonderful smell, always wafting from the kitchen. Responsible for the lovely aroma is Kathleen Seguin, the innkeeper, whose disposition matches her cooking; warm, and inviting.

For you foodies out there: you will not be dissapointed Each morning we were presented with a varied selection of carefully prepared scrumptious breakfast foods that were as satisfying as they were beautiful. In addition, as part of our package we received an assortment of truffles , nightly, left in the fridge for us , which were decadent!

The grounds of the Bristol House are immpecably done, and the place is immaculate, from the floorboards , to the ever shiny bathroom tubs. Kathleen has a keen eye for detail , and this is essentially mirrored in just about every aspect of the place, from its carefully selected decor, to its seasonally appropriate scents, music that is playing, etc. She really is careful in terms of always giving alternatives or suggestions in terms of ideas for sightseeing ( whether on or off the beaten path, as well as places to eat .

She is truly a gracious, and accomodating hostess, who truly provides you not only with a nice clean place to stay, but a memorable visit and overall experience. She was able to book massages for my husband and I at Ocean Massage , which was another wonderful experience ( I will be writing a review of them as well on here)

I summation, it was a wonderful , memorable weekend, and we will definetly be returning.

Room Tip: Mt Hope room
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Innkeeper14, Owner at Bristol House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review of our B&B! I am glad that you left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated! We hope to see you again on your next visit to Bristol!
Watertown, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 26, 2011

This is a wonderful, luxurious, and comfortable place to spend a weekend or more. Kathleen (the owner) makes sure that everything is impeccably clean and she has tons of small details (scented candles, decorations, cookies for tea, etc) that put this B&B a step above the rest. Most of all, the linens are amazing! The bed was VERY comfortable and the robes and towels were truly a delight to use. It was hard to get out of bed in the morning, but the delicious breakfast made it worth it! If ever I am in Bristol again I will make sure to stay here again!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Innkeeper14, Owner at Bristol House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
We are SO happy you enjoyed your stay! Please come visit us again soon!
Norwalk
Reviewed November 20, 2011

This beautiful Cape Cod style B&B provided the perfect romantic getaway! Our room and the entire bed and breakfast are decorated stunningly in beautiful blues and greens that accompany the seaside town of Bristol's charm perfectly.

The duvet on our bed made us feel like we were sleeping under a cloud, and the comfy robes and slippers included in our room were a cozy way to unwind in the evening.

Conveniently located, the B&B is less than 1/2 mile to the Narragansett Bay and East Bay Bike Path, where you can rent bikes and kayaks; only 1 1/2 miles from quaint downtown Bristol; 25 minutes from Newport Vineyards; and 30 minutes from downtown Newport.

The best for last: our innkeeper and chef, Kathleen. Kathleen, provided the perfect addition to this beautiful seaside town and our stay. Friendly and welcoming, she immediately made us feel comfortable and at home. Her three course gourmet breakfast was a fabulous way to start the morning. Plan on eating a late lunch or an early dinner because with her breakfast starting you off, you will not need three full meals. During our stay, we had fresh juice, delicious strong coffee, succulent puff pastry with fresh fruit, the most delicious waffles we have ever eaten with crispy maple bacon, fresh fruit, and Vermont maple syrup, homemade granola, and fabulous pumpkin bread pudding with pecans.

I cannot wait to return for another weekend getaway! Thanks Kathleen!

Room Tip: We shared a bath and had a wonderful experience. However, if a private bath is a must have, choose t...
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed November 6, 2011

this quaint and homey bed and breakfast was a great find. small bedroom, but comfortably equipped with in-room internet, flat screen tv, and wonderful bedding. the shared areas included living room, dining room and lovely backyard and were all nicely furnished. the entire home was kept immaculate. located on a quiet street, it was only a 20 minute ride to newport.

the innkeeper, kathleen, was most accommodating and served up two wonderful breakfasts. we hope to return next spring for another relaxing stay.

Coconut Grove, Florida
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I was visiting the area on business and had the wonderful luck to stay at the Bristol House B&B. If you desire a stress-free environment, this is it. I felt like I was visiting the home of a best friend, who also happens to provide the best breakfast you will ever eat! The bed was super comfortable, and the rooms are creatively appointed. You will love it. My only complaint is that I could only stay one night.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bristol
Bristol Harbor Inn
#1 of 1 in Bristol
Downtown Providence
Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel

Been to Bristol House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!