“One of our best meals all year”
Review of Hourglass Brasserie - CLOSED

Hourglass Brasserie
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in Bristol, Rhode Island our restaurant serves French inspired cuisine in a casual bistro setting. Our carefully crafted menu, an extensive wine selection, impeccable service and an elegant yet cozy atmosphere brings the best of Europe to your dining experience. Our constantly-evolving menu is based on season and availability of the freshest ingredients, yet we make sure to offer the favorites that our patrons enjoy
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We've eaten at Hourglass Brasserie several times over the last few years, but this visit was exceptional. We did the four-course tasting menu, and every dish was absolutely impeccable. Favorite dishes included the squid-ink risotto and lamb loin, although every plate was a delight. The service was knowledgeable and friendly, and the chef-owner even came around to make sure everyone was enjoying the meal. Nice wine selection; great location; delicious, beautiful, fresh food--doesn't get much better.

2  Thank Heather K

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Our friends introduced my husband and myself to the Hourglass a week ago, and the food and the service were outstanding. I ordered a poached lobster entree and the fish was delicious, delicate and lightly poached and the amount of butter was just right. Honestly I don't think I've ever tasted lobster as perfect as this dish and living in New England all my life this is a very big deal. My friend had a cold minestrone soup appetizer, and the presentation was gorgeous. It was so fantastic, I went back the very next weekend and ordered it myself. My husband and I live in Boston, and go to the south coast every weekend so discovering the Hourglass is fantastic. The atmosphere is kind of elegant club like with white leather chairs to elevate it to a contemporary feel without losing that warm and intimate feeling. Kuddos to the chef and the staff. This restaurant really deserves the very highest rating! P. Phillips from Boston

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I am a foodie and this place is amazing! The service was outstanding, the food was beyond great-creatively presented, every bit of food put before me was an absolute adventure for palette.
I travel and have eaten in many cities- but this place killed me! In a good way;) Now if I can convince them to open a sister restaurant in Nashville....

Reviewed July 25, 2014

This place is special. A lot more than a good meal. Our server, Katlin, was friendly and helpful and explained the ingredients when served. The beet salad used very fresh cut vegetables, each carefully prepared and placed in an appetizing arrangement. I had the halibut and my wife the spareribs. Each had a wonderful sauce that enhanced the entree. I appreciated the bistro size portions that didn't leave me overstuffed. It was nice to have a plate that used creatively prepared vegetables as a side rather than potato or rice. This restaurant is more than good food - The ambiance of the setting, service, and (unexpected) nice additions came together to make this a memorable meal that put it well above many other very good meals that we have had. The cost was very good for what we received. Wherever you are traveling from, try this restaurant.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

The chef has clearly put a lot of thought into the use of seasonal ingredients to present such a delightful array of selections. The amuse bouche, and intermezzo palate cleanser were thoughtful and artful in presentation (the night we were there, a tiny tureen of green gazpacho and a watermelon shooter topped with tart raspberry foam, respectfully). The prices are reasonable considering how much effort went into our meal of roasted quail, garnished with a surprising rabbit samosa, and the sea bass, enoki mushrooms and vegetables in a light kimchi-flavored broth. If you are looking for a quiet place to enjoy an unhurried meal which will be more delightfully surprising than typical, eat here.