“another so-so restaurant”

Hourglass Brasserie
Cuisines: French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in Bristol, Rhode Island our restaurant serves French inspired cuisine in a casual bistro setting. Our carefully crafted menu, an extensive wine selection, impeccable service and an elegant yet cozy atmosphere brings the best of Europe to your dining experience. Our constantly-evolving menu is based on season and availability of the freshest ingredients, yet we make sure to offer the favorites that our patrons enjoy
Reviewed November 19, 2011

This restaurant is heavy on the sauces and the meat is dried and tough.

1  Thank concordeprincess

Reviewed November 17, 2011

Best food. Best service. Best atmosphere! Not just in Bristol but in all of Rhode Island. Enough said.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

I saw the previous review that said they had to wait a long time despite having a reservation. I was there that night, and I know that they had the busiest night ever at Hourglass. They were not happy with making people wait, either, for what it's worth, and I know they're working on not having that happen again.
That said, our dinner, once again, was nothing short of fantastic. The dishes are gorgeous and they taste even better than they look.
For more details, and to see photos of some of the dishes, go here: http://www.94hjy.com/pages/alz_food_blog.html

2  Thank al94hjy
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Went for restaurant week. Despite a reservation, we waited for an hour and a quarter and weren't even approached by the hostess for over 30 minutes. We sat at the bar for the last 10 minutes and weren't even given our table when it was finally ready. The meal,when we finally were able to enjoy it, was well prepared, well presented and imaginative. The owner -chef apologized at the conclusion of the meal. Very noisy room also. We saw a 5star trip advisor rating on the door - I hope it returns to that level but it has a long way to go!

Reviewed November 11, 2011

A few colleagues and I decided to try out the Hourglass Brasserie for the first time during Newport restaurant week. It was absolutely PERFECT! We tried everything on the menu! Every dish was a work of art. The presentation was obviously carefully thought thru. Every flavor on the plate compliments eachother and just makes you want to slow down and savor every bite. I will definitely be going back with my family and friends!
The service was great even though the resteraunt was completely full save for one table. I am recomending The Hourglass Brasserie to all that ask me for a great place to dine!!!!

1  Thank fetttachedda