“Diamond in the Rough”

The Yorktowne Hotel
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Had been driving for 7 hours after a business trip. Booked on Priceline Arrived tired and somewhat skeptical of this place. Arrived at 2:30 am. Would there even be a person at the front desk?

I was greeted like a friend by a lovely, chatty young lady whose mission was to make me feel better. She upgraded me at no charge to the "whirlpool room." Beautiful room. Best night's sleep in a long time.

Very well maintained, charming place. On checkout the front desk referred to my room as the "bridal suite." Lucky me.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank jerryi36

Reviewed August 11, 2011

This is a historic 1920's hotel, beautifully renovated. Our room was comfortable, the staff were polite and addressed me by name after the first time they met me at the desk, and it's a gorgeous place for a wedding or romantic weekend. The neighborhoods a bit dicey tho, lots of homeless people. I wouldn't want to go out at night alone.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Kimmie006
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Even though the hotel is not as new as some modern hotels, the rooms and services are great.
Incredible staff. The manager-Mr. Ray, Sharon and Phil Mac are very friendly and make you feel extremly at home.

Please visit and stay in this hotel to experience greatness at its best.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mordecai7
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Our family reunion was held at the Yorktowne this past July. What a perfect place for such an event. We stayed in a suite that was spotless as well as tastefully decorated. It served as the perfect venue for several couples and small children. The location of the Hotel added to our weekend. No need to pile into cars and drive anywhere. We all walked to different attractions. The Sat. morning market was of particular interest to most of us. Our dining experience was exceptionally good and the staff couldn't have been more attentive. Special thanks to Rick, the general manager and Ray, the front desk manager for their kindness and hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank barbara2306_11
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I just concluded a 3 month contract working in York, PA, and during that time I stayed at the Yoktown Hotel.

I travel a lot in my job and I usually spend over 200 nights a year in hotels, usually one of the major chains, Marriot, Hilton, Starwood, etc. These hotels are fine for the business traveller, but they are always the same and can be boring.

The Yorktowne Hotel, but contrast, is a lovely older facility, built in the 1920s, and it still has the charm of the old days. The architecture is interesting, the facilities are modernized even though they retain an old look.

The people who work at the Yorktowne are never anything but friendly and helpful. When you stay in a hotel for 3 months, you are bound to need special assistance of one kind or another, and whenever that happened to me, whatever staff member I spoe to ALWAYS took care of me, from Rick the hotel manager, Ray and Angel, Stephanie and Kayla and so many others. They were always helpful, always friendly.

The hotel food is good, and not overpriced. The internet connectivity is also good, with clear strong signals.

So ... if you are ever in Yorktowne on business, there is not better hotel to stay at. If you are there on pleasure, the restaurant and bar are great places to stop, and the hotel is in an easy location to get to and from.

I look forward to working in York again, and when I do, I will be staying at the Yorktowne.

Philadelphia Dave

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Philly_David
Reviewed July 27, 2011

From the Parking attendant & Front Desk through to the Chef you will find this hotel to be what the grand day's of old delivered only to the fortunate. Know that while your stay may be short your memories will be long.

Room Tip: The Suite are great
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank carrollkw
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Just left the Yorktowne Hotel, first thoughts on the place were of how nice it looked. But once we got to our room that all changed. The 13" TV was no less than 20 feet from our bed... Wall paper peeling and just down right dirty. On top of all of that we got fleas from this dump. If I was a pet owner I'd be unsure as to where the fleas came from, but I am not so.... I'll never even think of staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2011