“Surprisingly nice, and a very good deal”
Review of Motel 6 York North

Motel 6 York North
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Stayed here for one night on my way to see the Wolf Sanctuary the next morning. This place was quite cheap compared to other nearby offerings, which usually is a warning sign for me. But I decided to give it a chance based on the reviews I read here. It was actually quite nice and I found nothing to complain about. The bed was comfortable, the desk staff were very polite, and the place was quiet. And the free wifi was great!! I had a room on the front (facing the road) but the windows are thick enough to block most of the traffic noise. They don't serve any breakfast, but there are many options within a short driving distance in either direction. You should know, however, that if you are arriving during a weekday rush hour, the traffic in front of this hotel is really, really bad. And ff you are driving from the west, turn left at the street just before the Hardee's (which is just before the hotel), and you can make your way into the hotel parking lot from there. Otherwise, you'll be stuck having to drive way past the hotel to get turned around (like I did).

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank jjkdc

Reviewed October 11, 2010

I booked us here because of the good reviews and the price for a one night stay on our way to Washington DC from Ontario, Canada.
The parking was good. (We were travelling in a pickup so you need a good sized spot.)
The fellow at the desk was quick and effiecient getting us booked in.
The room was great. Very clean beyond my expectations. The halls smelled clean and fresh. The window opened up wide for fresh air. Quiet A/C unit.
My husband stays in hotels all the time for work and he was very impressed with the place. He said the coffee from the machine was even good, having two cups in the morning.
Eating establishments are limited within walking distance...Hardee's, McDonald's and a chinese place across the road.
The front desk even called us after a couple hours to see if our room was ok. We sure aren't used to that sort of service in Ontario.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cobourgian
Reviewed September 24, 2010

I was leary about paying 49.99 for a red roof inn. The room was extremely clean. The hallways did smell of smoke but not the room. The hallweays carpet looked really worn, but the room was very nice. I was just looking for a cheap night on the way to dc, to cut our travle time the next morning. it was perfect. i would stay here again in a second.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank devolutionisreal
Reviewed July 14, 2010

We read reviews for different motels in the area and chose Red Roof because it had the most positive reviews. We were very happy with our choice. We knew it was on a busy main highway so we were prepared for the high traffice and noise. But once in the room, it was barely noticeable and quieted down considerably in the later evening hours. Check in was a breeze and the girl at the desk was very friendly and pleasant. The room was clean and neat and the price was great. The remote didn't work so I brought it down to the front desk and she immediately replaced the batteries. We rode motorcycles and they had special bike parking right in front of the lobby doors. Parking lot was set back from the highway and very well lit so we did not worry about the bikes overnight. Plenty of restaurants, stores and gas stations all around and it was a short ride to our destination - the Harley Davidson assembly plant. We plan to return to York in September and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Motor06
Reviewed July 5, 2010

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in York Pa (US Route 30, Arsenal Road) in June 2010 for one night. The three staff members I spoke with were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and quiet. The price is a good value. Overall, it was a pleasant surprise and a good experience, at least for a solo traveler needing reliable, basic lodging.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank 6,836
Reviewed June 5, 2010

This was one of the nicest hotels that I have stayed in, in a long time. The employees were very kind and considerate. The hotel was very clean,and the water pressure was great. Also I love animals,and you can even take your pets there. This is a big plus with me. The price was very reasonable also. I recomened this hotel very highly. I will stay at this hotel again if in York Pa. Very truly yours,,Karen Gailey.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank nemacolinspitfire
Reviewed May 28, 2010

From the reception to the departure, his was a good hotel to stay at. Warm welcome from the receptionist. The rooms were clean and bed was very comfortable. Wireless worked well. Located right off major highway and close to many restaurants, malls, and local attractions. Also, ADA compliant.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business