“Good Clean Value Pet Friendly Hotel Near Shopping & Food but... York..”
Review of Motel 6 York North

Motel 6 York North
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in York
Anthem, Arizona
“Good Clean Value Pet Friendly Hotel Near Shopping & Food but... York..”
Reviewed May 4, 2010

We stayed here for the weekend while attending a local show. First about the Hotel. If you are familiar with Red Roof Inns then you know what to expect..a no frills hotel. The room was very clean & updated. The amenities listed on the RRI website do not match what is actually in the room. For example they list hair dryer, iron, ironing board and room service (lol), none of which were in the room. Not a problem for me but if someone were expecting those items it would be a problem. The room did have a microwave which was listed and it did have a mini-fridge which is not listed. Again..just so you know.
I got a good price on Expedia. I usually don't stay at hotels that are pet friendly and would not have this time except for the price and the good reviews. It is what it is and I would recommend staying here. The only amenity they offered was a coffee machine in the lobby. The first day there was a basket with some breakfast bars and such in it but didn't see any the next few days:( Also..no pool. Close to shopping and eats.

Enough about the hotel. Now for the city of York itself. I'm surprised that I'm the only reviewer who has said anything about the area around this hotel...mainly the town of York. It seems that a major highway runs through this town and The Red Roof Inn is on this road. Now if you look out of your window and see the McDonalds or the CVS across the street that you want to go to be prepared for being frustrated getting there! There are medians everywhere that you cannot cross over. Even getting to this hotel we had to turn right go down a bit, turn onto another street to go to a stop light to make a left to get to the hotel because it was on the other side of the highway median strip. That's what he had to do to get anywhere. All the no uturn signs did not help. Or the "no left turn" or "right turn only" signs. Maybe its just me but we found this very aggrating. Maybe because we are from a small town. I don't know..just a heads up. Heads up to those staying at the Red Roof Inn. There is a small drive behind the Hardees that will get you onto the road and if there isn't a lot of traffic you can get over to the far left lane to get to the grocery store or CVS. If you don't use this driveway be prepared to be forced to turn right...drive down the street and turn around! There was a LOT of traffic on the road in front of the hotel RT 30. (except on Sunday).
One comment about the cleaning people. Very nice, very accommodating, very good job cleaning. Except..they can be found to be by the outside door smoking when we were going in and out:(
The gal who checked us in was efficient but not very personable. The cleaning people were MUCH friendlier. There was even a guy outside in the parking lot sweeping up little bits of litter. He was very nice also.
One more tidbit. My husband and I did take a 30 or so minute drive up to Hershey to go through the free Chocolate World tour. Very cute.
/scarlett329

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank scarlett329

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hebrew first
North Jersey
Reviewed March 23, 2010

I stayed at this clean-and-convenient hotel when I traveled from my home in North Jersey to see a Men's Lacrosse game in Baltimore, MD. I liked its easy-off-easy-on location with I-83 and the fact that I could stay there instead of the one in Timonium, MD after the game. This cut-down my return-commute to North Jersey by an hour the next day and saved me a few $$$ at the same time.

Unfortunately, I wasn't thorough in taking all of my belongings when I checked out the next morning and left behind a pair of trousers w/ a belt in my room. So, when I got back home and realized my mistake, I called and spoke to "Tammy" at the front desk. She took the time to go up to my still-vacant room, retrieve the slacks/belt, packed-them-up, and, with the help of the Hotel Manager, Lisa, shipped them to me at THE HOTEL's EXPENSE!

That's what I call "WOW! Treatment" and I thought TripAdvisor's users should know!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Ruggman
South Jersey
Reviewed January 2, 2010

It's an amazing value for it's money. I asked for a room at the back of the hotel, because based on other reviews I expected it to be a noisy stay because of the local traffic. I was quite pleased that not only was the clerk very accommodating, that there was no need, since the hotel was rather quiet to begin with. The room was quiet and comfortable, and the beds were neat and very soft. Room included a fridge and microwave, and some additional outlets to plug my laptop in. It wasn't a super fancy hotel, but it was a great night's sleep, and the staff was very helpful.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank FoxReinhold
Southern Maryland
Reviewed November 8, 2009

This is my second stay at the Red Roof Inn at 125 Arsenal Road in York, PA. This hotel is conveniently located right as you exit Rt. 83 N. onto Rt. 30. I attend a dog show every November in York, and this will remain my hotel of choice. Lots to like here--clean hotel room, clean hallways and common areas, friendly staff, lots of well-lit grass areas for walking pets (brought a dog for the trip--one pet stays free per room), nice desk/counter area in the room where you can plug in your laptop (WiFi by T-Mobile) or spread out papers for work. Showers, sinks, toilets, TV (cable) and phone worked perfectly. Beds and pillows comfortable and linens in good shape. While I wasn't brave enough to use the keyboard provided by the hotel for on demand video, games, etc., it was waiting inside the dresser drawer. My total for two nights was $103.96. My bill total was cheaper than the event H. Inn which wanted $116 per night before taxes. There is free coffee available, ice machines, and snacks/sodas for purchase. No free breakfast here, but I don't usually care for the carb heavy continental breakfasts that most hotels provide. You can literally walk out the end building exit and walk across the parking lot to Hardee's for breakfast if you choose. McDonald's, Wendy's, CVS pharmacy, and Weis Market right across the street. Many restaurant choices right up the street for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Like to shop? Lots of stores (Old Navy, Macy's, Bon Ton, Ross, Wal-Mart, etc.) from which to choose. Have to give this hotel its props (and laugh as my friends look at their bills at the other hotels costing twice as much). More than one is considering staying here next year.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank KidsNDogsRMyLife
PA
Reviewed August 29, 2009

Red Roof Inn was recommended as a good, cheap stay by the person at the York Visitor Ctr at the Harley-Davidson plant. We weren't looking for expensive digs and she sort of overheard the conversation my husband and I were having and piped up. Advertised price on the sign was $49/night so we went. Wished we had kept on going. While the staff was quite nice, the price for the room we wanted was quite a few dollars more. We had not pre-planned our trip and had not read the reviews (won't repeat that error!) and ended up on the highway side of the hotel. Aaaaaaaah! The traffic was ongoing and noisy throughout the night. Sleeping was downright painful on that bed (mattress quality was very low) and the traffic made it difficult. Red Roof has been moved to the do not stay list for us.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank phillyfit

Travelers are raving about these York hotels

Fairfax, Va.
Reviewed September 11, 2008

We walked in on a Thursday and secured a room with two double beds for $74. It was a clean, pleasant room, and our stay was very enjoyable. I would caution visitors to ask for a room on the rear of the hotel to avoid loud Route 30 traffic. As to internet access, my understanding is that a standard room has ethernet access, so you would have to provide your own cable. WiFi access is only available with the $10 "super duper" upgrade that includes larger room size, king bed, and a number of other options. The continental breakfast included bagels, coffee, and oranges. Overall, though, this was one of our more pleasant stays in recent months of travel.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank kr51
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed June 6, 2008

We checked in late after traveling into town. The young lady behind the counter was courteous and quick with check-in. When I came back to lobby and asked her about a couple attractions in the area, she was very knowledgeable. Room was clean, and the typical Red Roof Inn type room. As a seasoned traveler, I noticed that it seems this hotel and another one down the road must have swapped ownership at some point as this one is an all interior corridor hotel and the one right down the road is all outdoor corridor and resembles more of the usual Red Roof Inn style. This is no big deal, just an observation! I do recommend staying at this hotel, just be sure and get a room on the backside of hotel as it sits on a fairly busy stretch of Hwy. 30 and you can hear the traffic, but on the backside it wasn't overwhelming.

• Liked — price and location
  • Disliked — morning traffic at check-out was terribly busy
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family