“Clean & Comfotable”

Motel 6 York North
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in York
“Clean & Comfotable”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

The first room we were in had A/C problems, but we were moved to another room and the A/C worked great. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly. This hotel was cheaper than the surrounding ones, but there was a charge for the wifi (unless you booked as an AARP member), and there was no breakfast, so I'm not sure you save much by staying here.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hebrew first
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 8, 2014

We read all the reviews before I booked and the biggest issue seemed to be with the Highway noise or smoking. Overall, we had a nice stay in a very clean room with Ice cold AC. Property staff was professional and went out of their way to accommodate my 1145/noon arrival - check in is at 3. They found me a room that was ready which was great after a 3 1/2 hour drive. Great free coffee machine in the lobby and a few vending machines. There is a Hardees next door and a great diner 1/2 mile down the road - Round the Clock Diner. The reviews about the noise are correct - if you are on the side that faces the Highway, the highway noise isn't bad - but the parking lot is in your face and very noisy. Fortunately - you have the AC system right at the window and the FAN or AC setting on high easily drowns out the sound with more pleasant white noise. Problem solved. No shampoo or Hair dryer- so bring your own. Towels kinda thin but usable. Bed comfortable, microwave and small fridge in room plus a flat screen TV. Overall a comfortable stay for the night. Not sure if I would do more than a few nights - for longer I would like a place with a pool and maybe onsite bar/restaurant, but for a few nights in the area it was a good choice. There are 2 Motel 6s - this is Motel 6 North about 1/2 mile up the highway from the other motel 6. This was a red roof inn previously and the wi-fi still had the free wireless identified that way. The motel 6 gateway wanted $2.99 a night for wifi....select red roof and you should be ok...until they see this post lol. Room clean and smoke free...

Room Tip: get an odd numbered room to be away from the road noise and parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I reserved a non-smoking room, as we entered the room the odor of smoke and urine punched us in the lungs. I called to request another room and was told I was in a n/s room in spite the multiple ash trays which I was told they put ash trays in non-smoking rooms as well! The odor never let up and hung in the air like a memorial smog of all past odors. We contemplated sleeping with the door open or in the car but we powered through. In the morning we left the door open as we showered and readied ourselves. Even though we communicated our experience to the desk crew there was no offer of any reconciliation outside of a sorry. The only plus was this hotel is adjacent to a Starbucks where I was able to grab a real coffee in the morning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Bob M

Travelers are raving about these York hotels

Croghan, NY
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Reviewed this motel last year and was quite pleased... Tonight not so pleased. In a smoking room, apparently no non-smoking rooms available (my bad for not specifically asking for non-smoking in my reservation.) Requested first floor in reservation, but am on the third floor and we checked in before 6:00. Grease stains on bedspread. Ice machine is out of ice. Desk clerk called to report machine working 1.5 hours later after we braved traffic on foot to get ice at convenience store. No tissues, no shampoo, no hair dryer. And you have to pay for internet. Limited channels on tv. $85 and no frig or microwave. Desk clerk was pleasant but unable to make up for what is lacking.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank rubyCroghan
Vineland, Nj
Reviewed April 21, 2014

This motel was recently converted from Red Roof to Motel 6. I got a good online AARP rate. They converted this motel very quickly. The room is well laid out...I "splurged" a few dollars extra to get a room with fridge/microwave, which worked well. Good, large bed, Flatscreen TV, and heat worked well, as did shower. I know Motel 6 cuts some corners, but I do wish they had: alarm clocks, hair dryers, shampoo. However, since I knew this coming in, I was prepared, and the wake up call asked for was right on time. Room had just a bit of paint residue happening on floor and places since this was all done recently, thus cleanliness was 4/5. The room comfortably met my needs at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: you can view parking lot from front side rooms. I asked for non-smoking, which was accommodated. I...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Bob984
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I've not previously been impressed with Red Roof anywhere, but the updated rooms and the excellent service in York PA changed my opinion totally. Very comfortable bed and pillows, and very clean. Smells like new, not artificial fragrance. Staff were so helpful with our baggage and helping us to clear snow from the car. I won't hesitate to consider Red Roof in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ovation6
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is going through a renovation, which was related to us by the front desk receptionist , who was very personable. (9AM-6PM)

This should be publicized on the website so you can make an informed choice before staying there . Dust cause allergies to cause health problems for me .

Our room was not renovated yet....broken sink porcelain , no stopper in the bathtub , but overall a clean clean room.

Very busy interchange in front of hotel at rush hour.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple