“Updated decor and great people”
Review of Motel 6 York North

Motel 6 York North
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in York
Atlanta, Georgia
“Updated decor and great people”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I've not previously been impressed with Red Roof anywhere, but the updated rooms and the excellent service in York PA changed my opinion totally. Very comfortable bed and pillows, and very clean. Smells like new, not artificial fragrance. Staff were so helpful with our baggage and helping us to clear snow from the car. I won't hesitate to consider Red Roof in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ovation6

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hebrew first
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is going through a renovation, which was related to us by the front desk receptionist , who was very personable. (9AM-6PM)

This should be publicized on the website so you can make an informed choice before staying there . Dust cause allergies to cause health problems for me .

Our room was not renovated yet....broken sink porcelain , no stopper in the bathtub , but overall a clean clean room.

Very busy interchange in front of hotel at rush hour.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1lacrosse
Vineland, Nj
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Hi. I stayed 2 nights to visit family for Thanksgiving. All went well. Front desk friendly and helpful. My heater control malfunctioned on night 2, and they moved me to another room smoothly with no hassle. Room was clean and met all of my needs.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bob984
Seaford, New York
Reviewed November 13, 2013

In the middle of October 2013 my friend and I checked in in the evening hour. When I booked the hotel we booked a non smoking room and was told there was a continental breakfast each day. When I arrived, I was told there was no non smoking room for me as my room was given to other people. I had no choice but to take a smoking room. I also was informed that there was no continental or regular breakfast in this facilty. I was very upset to say the leased. On the front deck in the lobby there was a sign stating that the hotel had problems with STINK BUGS which were all over the facilty. The place was an absolute dump and a gross place to stay. I put in a complaint to the manager and the general mgr of the red roof. I never received any satisfaction what so ever and Ive been a customer of Red Roof for years. I also let the BBB and the Health Dept know of this situation. I recommend no sane person stay there especially my TCA Brothers who go to the large train show at the York Fairgrounds every 6 months like I do. Please boycott this Red Roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stu

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these York hotels

Lancaster, Ohio
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Place a budget hotel next to a busy interstate intersection and of course you're going to get a lot of traffic noise all night long. I know York fairly well but not this hotel's location. Had I done a better job of mapping it, I probably would have looked elsewhere. Our room faced a busy city highway and sleep was hard to come by. Maybe a room in the rear of the hotel might have been better but I doubt we'll return to find out.

The room itself was basic and just adequate. Pretty clean (though cigarette burns on the comforter were off-putting), good water pressure, good drainage in the shower and sink. And there is a fair amount of grassy area for our dogs. But the noise offset all that.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NMDave
West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The hotel is for business and other travelers who want a clean place to stay at a great price. It is centrally located at the intersection of I83 and Rt. 30 in York. There are numerous shops and restaurants close by to suit any palate. Since it is by the highway we got a room on the back side facing the trees for minimum (none) road noise. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They don't serve a continental breakfast which I am fond of but for $58 a night incl. tax, I can live with it.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are very quiet!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Daps15122
new jersey
Reviewed August 27, 2013

In York for one night and needed a reasonably priced place to stay. Checked Trip Advisor and was very pleased with the reviews I read on the Red Roof Inn. We secured a great rate via Red Roof's website and received an additional discount as AAA members. The hotel is very basic, but clean and well-maintained. It is conveniently situated on Route 30 as well as being centrally located in York. Our check-in was quick and efficient, and we were even asked if we'd like a wake-up call in the morning. The room was pretty standard and appeared to have been recently renovated. We appreciated the fact that there was a fridge/microwave combo in the room. The beds were comfortable for one night. However, although the a/c was quiet it ran a bit chilly. The bathroom was small, but adequate and clean. We spent very little time at the hotel except to sleep and found our accommodations to be acceptable. I would certainly considering staying at the Red Roof Inn again and would recommend it. As mentioned, it's nothing fancy but the staff is nice and the rooms are well-kept. We felt it was a good deal for the money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family