“Good Value at Red Roof”
Review of Motel 6 York North

Motel 6 York North
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Hi. I stayed 2 nights to visit family for Thanksgiving. All went well. Front desk friendly and helpful. My heater control malfunctioned on night 2, and they moved me to another room smoothly with no hassle. Room was clean and met all of my needs.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bob984

Reviewed November 13, 2013

In the middle of October 2013 my friend and I checked in in the evening hour. When I booked the hotel we booked a non smoking room and was told there was a continental breakfast each day. When I arrived, I was told there was no non smoking room for me as my room was given to other people. I had no choice but to take a smoking room. I also was informed that there was no continental or regular breakfast in this facilty. I was very upset to say the leased. On the front deck in the lobby there was a sign stating that the hotel had problems with STINK BUGS which were all over the facilty. The place was an absolute dump and a gross place to stay. I put in a complaint to the manager and the general mgr of the red roof. I never received any satisfaction what so ever and Ive been a customer of Red Roof for years. I also let the BBB and the Health Dept know of this situation. I recommend no sane person stay there especially my TCA Brothers who go to the large train show at the York Fairgrounds every 6 months like I do. Please boycott this Red Roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stu

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Place a budget hotel next to a busy interstate intersection and of course you're going to get a lot of traffic noise all night long. I know York fairly well but not this hotel's location. Had I done a better job of mapping it, I probably would have looked elsewhere. Our room faced a busy city highway and sleep was hard to come by. Maybe a room in the rear of the hotel might have been better but I doubt we'll return to find out.

The room itself was basic and just adequate. Pretty clean (though cigarette burns on the comforter were off-putting), good water pressure, good drainage in the shower and sink. And there is a fair amount of grassy area for our dogs. But the noise offset all that.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NMDave
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The hotel is for business and other travelers who want a clean place to stay at a great price. It is centrally located at the intersection of I83 and Rt. 30 in York. There are numerous shops and restaurants close by to suit any palate. Since it is by the highway we got a room on the back side facing the trees for minimum (none) road noise. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They don't serve a continental breakfast which I am fond of but for $58 a night incl. tax, I can live with it.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are very quiet!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Daps15122
Reviewed August 27, 2013

In York for one night and needed a reasonably priced place to stay. Checked Trip Advisor and was very pleased with the reviews I read on the Red Roof Inn. We secured a great rate via Red Roof's website and received an additional discount as AAA members. The hotel is very basic, but clean and well-maintained. It is conveniently situated on Route 30 as well as being centrally located in York. Our check-in was quick and efficient, and we were even asked if we'd like a wake-up call in the morning. The room was pretty standard and appeared to have been recently renovated. We appreciated the fact that there was a fridge/microwave combo in the room. The beds were comfortable for one night. However, although the a/c was quiet it ran a bit chilly. The bathroom was small, but adequate and clean. We spent very little time at the hotel except to sleep and found our accommodations to be acceptable. I would certainly considering staying at the Red Roof Inn again and would recommend it. As mentioned, it's nothing fancy but the staff is nice and the rooms are well-kept. We felt it was a good deal for the money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kim5452
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have mixed feelings about the Red Roof Inn in York. The room was nice and clean. The WiFi was slow. The location was convenient.

My biggest gripe was really not something that the staff could help but it was what colored my visit. The hotel does allow dogs. This is the third Red Roof Inn I have stayed in during the last two months and the first one that had a barking dog for several hours. As I said, it was not the staff's fault, the owners left the dog in the room while they went out for a few hours in violation of the hotel's rules but it still affected the quality of my visit.

The other major irritation that I did have was that I had to walk through a cloud of cigarette smoke to get into the front desk. I am not sure if it was employees or patrons but the front porch had several smokers hanging out.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My sister is very sick so I travel to York quite frequently. I have stayed at this hotel many times now and have been satisfied every time. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. They try to accommodate your needs and do it with a smile. As long as I have to make trips to York, I will be staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Some rooms on second floor have refrigerators. Helpful for milk, etc, to take medicine and keep insu...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family