“Great Place,Great Price for not so fussy people”
Review of Motel 6 York North

Motel 6 York North
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The hotel is for business and other travelers who want a clean place to stay at a great price. It is centrally located at the intersection of I83 and Rt. 30 in York. There are numerous shops and restaurants close by to suit any palate. Since it is by the highway we got a room on the back side facing the trees for minimum (none) road noise. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They don't serve a continental breakfast which I am fond of but for $58 a night incl. tax, I can live with it.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are very quiet!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Daps15122
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 York North

Reviewed August 27, 2013

In York for one night and needed a reasonably priced place to stay. Checked Trip Advisor and was very pleased with the reviews I read on the Red Roof Inn. We secured a great rate via Red Roof's website and received an additional discount as AAA members. The hotel is very basic, but clean and well-maintained. It is conveniently situated on Route 30 as well as being centrally located in York. Our check-in was quick and efficient, and we were even asked if we'd like a wake-up call in the morning. The room was pretty standard and appeared to have been recently renovated. We appreciated the fact that there was a fridge/microwave combo in the room. The beds were comfortable for one night. However, although the a/c was quiet it ran a bit chilly. The bathroom was small, but adequate and clean. We spent very little time at the hotel except to sleep and found our accommodations to be acceptable. I would certainly considering staying at the Red Roof Inn again and would recommend it. As mentioned, it's nothing fancy but the staff is nice and the rooms are well-kept. We felt it was a good deal for the money.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank kim5452
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have mixed feelings about the Red Roof Inn in York. The room was nice and clean. The WiFi was slow. The location was convenient.

My biggest gripe was really not something that the staff could help but it was what colored my visit. The hotel does allow dogs. This is the third Red Roof Inn I have stayed in during the last two months and the first one that had a barking dog for several hours. As I said, it was not the staff's fault, the owners left the dog in the room while they went out for a few hours in violation of the hotel's rules but it still affected the quality of my visit.

The other major irritation that I did have was that I had to walk through a cloud of cigarette smoke to get into the front desk. I am not sure if it was employees or patrons but the front porch had several smokers hanging out.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My sister is very sick so I travel to York quite frequently. I have stayed at this hotel many times now and have been satisfied every time. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. They try to accommodate your needs and do it with a smile. As long as I have to make trips to York, I will be staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Some rooms on second floor have refrigerators. Helpful for milk, etc, to take medicine and keep insu...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed at this motel for the 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg, and ended up booking it late because there were other issues that made my going uncertain. I was pleasantly surprised to find a room available for under $65 USD/night (government rate as I'm retired military). I got more than I was expecting for that price. The room itself was excellent.

There were a few quirks that some guests may need to be aware of. The location right at the cloverleaf connecting I-83 and US-30 made for a lot of quirky U-turns and jug-handles to get in and out of the parking lot, but it was nothing insurmountable.

The one elevator vibrated and shook whenever it stopped while going down, which can be disconcerting for a lot of people.

The motel offers free WiFi, but there are no computers available for guest use. I had to go to the public library about 2 miles away for internet access. As I pointed out to the hostess, a motel like that should be able to afford at least one inexpensive laptop that can be made available in the lobby for guests.

On the plus side, being at the cloverleaf was a good location with good diners, fast food places, convenience stores/gas station and pharmacies all within easy reach, the quirky traffic pattern notwithstanding.

If I ever need to stay in that area overnight again, this will be my first choice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MadTom56
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Upon checking in I saw the 4 star rated Trip Advisor logo and it is well deserved. Clean lobby, new looking, staff that knows what they are doing and great price for 2 beds for my wife daughter and I at about 60 bucks. New carpet in the halls, the place is clean and my room had new bathroom countertops. Beds okay. 5 stars because it is a great value for the price for a 2 star that beats many 3 star hotels I have stayed in.

Room Tip: We chose this place to stay when we were checking out Amish country in Lancaster about 30 minutes aw...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RichBookman
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Hotel is good for such a cheap rate. Good location. It's a bit noisy particularly on the first floor but I slept soundly. One complain I do have is the cleaning staff burst into my room to clean without knocking (before I checked out). Internet is intermittent. You'd think they would've knocked, fortunately I was dressed and on my computer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo