“2 star Hotel worthy of 3 star”
Review of Motel 6 York North

Motel 6 York North
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Upon checking in I saw the 4 star rated Trip Advisor logo and it is well deserved. Clean lobby, new looking, staff that knows what they are doing and great price for 2 beds for my wife daughter and I at about 60 bucks. New carpet in the halls, the place is clean and my room had new bathroom countertops. Beds okay. 5 stars because it is a great value for the price for a 2 star that beats many 3 star hotels I have stayed in.

Room Tip: We chose this place to stay when we were checking out Amish country in Lancaster about 30 minutes aw...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RichBookman

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Hotel is good for such a cheap rate. Good location. It's a bit noisy particularly on the first floor but I slept soundly. One complain I do have is the cleaning staff burst into my room to clean without knocking (before I checked out). Internet is intermittent. You'd think they would've knocked, fortunately I was dressed and on my computer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank archiphoto
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was in the area for the 150TH GAC Gettysburg. As being reenactors I am used to camping and conditions that arent reasonable. I was looking forward to taking a shower and sleeping in a bed after a long day. However, my stay wasnt very pleasant. Upon checking in my reservations had been cancelled because the hotel was sold out. I was able to get a room but it wasnt perfect. The person checking me in was unhelpful and unfriendly. There was a horrible smell in the third floor hallway when you got off the elevator. My room had a leaky a.c. that made the room smell terrible and made everything damp. The staff was unfriendly and lacked customer service. I love staying at Red Roof Inn's but not during this trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Where to begin? My nephew and I booked this room for a visit to the 150th Gettysburg Battle Anniversary. I give the Motel a 2 only because of the friendliness of the front desk staff. After the check-in experience it was all downhill.

The hall on the 3rd floor stank. After we booked we realized this was a pet friendly inn. We had little other choice since everything for miles was filled to capacity. Had that not been the case, we'd have left after the first night. The smell in the hall may have been animal urine. I can't be certain, but it was bad. In my room, the lid to the ice bucket had black speckles across it. It looked like someone had spit tobacco out on it. (I wish I had taken a picture.) There were hairs all over the bathroom floor. The air conditioner in the room would not get the room below 70, which was a bad thing for me. The edges of the carpets had not been vacuumed with an edge tool in months. Under the bed was just nasty.

If you're looking for a place that reeks of odor and the housekeeping staff is obviously too lazy to do their job, then this is the place for you.

I'll add this caveat: If you think I'm someone who is impossible to please, you should read some of my other reviews before booking this place. This is the only time the reviews on TripAdvior have failed me because I booked this based on contributor reviews. All I can say is; this place must have deteriorated quickly, or, knowing how hard it is to find a pet friendly facility, perhaps this place ranks highly in that category.

Otherwise, just say NO! to this place unless it’s a last resort.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank garnmar
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This Red Roof York is a good economy motel that provides a traveler's basic needs at a decent rate.
The motel and rooms are generally well-kept. The fridge/microwave, desk area, and free wireless internet are all good perks.

There is no free breakfast (though plenty of food places nearby, and a grocery store in a plaza right there). Also, pack a hairdryer, as the rooms do not have them. No biggies, though.

Room Tip: upper level rooms on roadside allow you to see your car.....
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bob984
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The initial reason that we looked at the Red Roof on Arsenal in York was because of its location between Baltimore and Lancaster. However, the rooms are updated, the staff accommodating, and the price and location were a perfect fit.

They don't provide any amenities (breakfast, pool, computer, irons, hair dryers, etc) but those items could be signed out at the desk. The only reason it's not a 5 star, is that exiting the property going west is a bit tricky. You have to drive out the side entrance and do a U-turn on a fairly busy street.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank elbojbb
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were on our way to tour the Harley factory and picked the Red Roof inn due to it's location and reviews on Trip Advisor. The hotel is very good for the price. The front counter staff is friendly and helpful
The price was low but the standards are high.
I reccomend this hotel to anyone who needs a place to stay in York....

Liam & Colleen