“Just Say NO!!”

Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in York
Tennessee
“Just Say NO!!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Where to begin? My nephew and I booked this room for a visit to the 150th Gettysburg Battle Anniversary. I give the Motel a 2 only because of the friendliness of the front desk staff. After the check-in experience it was all downhill.

The hall on the 3rd floor stank. After we booked we realized this was a pet friendly inn. We had little other choice since everything for miles was filled to capacity. Had that not been the case, we'd have left after the first night. The smell in the hall may have been animal urine. I can't be certain, but it was bad. In my room, the lid to the ice bucket had black speckles across it. It looked like someone had spit tobacco out on it. (I wish I had taken a picture.) There were hairs all over the bathroom floor. The air conditioner in the room would not get the room below 70, which was a bad thing for me. The edges of the carpets had not been vacuumed with an edge tool in months. Under the bed was just nasty.

If you're looking for a place that reeks of odor and the housekeeping staff is obviously too lazy to do their job, then this is the place for you.

I'll add this caveat: If you think I'm someone who is impossible to please, you should read some of my other reviews before booking this place. This is the only time the reviews on TripAdvior have failed me because I booked this based on contributor reviews. All I can say is; this place must have deteriorated quickly, or, knowing how hard it is to find a pet friendly facility, perhaps this place ranks highly in that category.

Otherwise, just say NO! to this place unless it’s a last resort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank garnmar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hebrew first
Vineland, Nj
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This Red Roof York is a good economy motel that provides a traveler's basic needs at a decent rate.
The motel and rooms are generally well-kept. The fridge/microwave, desk area, and free wireless internet are all good perks.

There is no free breakfast (though plenty of food places nearby, and a grocery store in a plaza right there). Also, pack a hairdryer, as the rooms do not have them. No biggies, though.

Room Tip: upper level rooms on roadside allow you to see your car.....
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bob984
NY
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The initial reason that we looked at the Red Roof on Arsenal in York was because of its location between Baltimore and Lancaster. However, the rooms are updated, the staff accommodating, and the price and location were a perfect fit.

They don't provide any amenities (breakfast, pool, computer, irons, hair dryers, etc) but those items could be signed out at the desk. The only reason it's not a 5 star, is that exiting the property going west is a bit tricky. You have to drive out the side entrance and do a U-turn on a fairly busy street.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank elbojbb
Albany, New York
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were on our way to tour the Harley factory and picked the Red Roof inn due to it's location and reviews on Trip Advisor. The hotel is very good for the price. The front counter staff is friendly and helpful
The price was low but the standards are high.
I reccomend this hotel to anyone who needs a place to stay in York....

Liam & Colleen
New York

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fglawihio
New Jersey
Reviewed May 29, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE! I decided to book this hotel at the last minute for Memorial Weekend. I chose this place because the reviews weren’t too bad, and it wasn’t too far from Hershey Park. But do you believe I requested a non-smoking room, and when I got there on Saturday – the guy attendant told me they didn’t have any more of those non-smoking rooms. I said well that’s not my problem, I booked a non-smoking room. His only response to me was, well I can wait around to see if someone will cancel their reservation 2-Nite. Unreal.! So my follow up response was, no thank you – just please cancel my room. I WILL NEVER GIVE THIS PLACE A THOUGHT AGAIN!!!!!! I ended up staying at the TownePlace Suites in Harrisburg and then the 2nd night we stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue in Hershey. Both of them were much more money, but beautiful properties. Definitely worth it!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ocala
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We originally had reservations for Mon - Thur, but arrived 1 day early. Called & Red Roof was kind enough to add the additional day. Location is centrally located in Central PA by I-83 with easy access to Lancaster, PA outlets, Hershey Medical Center to visit very sick friend, and family in Chambersburg and York.

Rooms are clean and when I inquired about refrig and microwave, they were kind enough to offer another room where there was one.

Con for my visit was that WiFi was down 1 1/2 days and I needed it for my job, but otherwise, it was a very pleasant visit especially after returning from visiting friend in hospital several days.

I would recommend this hotel for reasonably priced and cleanliness.

Room Tip: There is NO swimming pool or Fitness center at this location. If you are driving East on Route 30, o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Linda M
Croghan, NY
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight. Front desk clerk was exceedingly pleasant and helpful. Room was super clean, pleasant and comfortable. Basic amenities at a very reasonable price. Only complaint...no hair dryer.

• Stayed May 2013