“DO NOT STAY HERE!”

Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in York
New Jersey
“DO NOT STAY HERE!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE! I decided to book this hotel at the last minute for Memorial Weekend. I chose this place because the reviews weren’t too bad, and it wasn’t too far from Hershey Park. But do you believe I requested a non-smoking room, and when I got there on Saturday – the guy attendant told me they didn’t have any more of those non-smoking rooms. I said well that’s not my problem, I booked a non-smoking room. His only response to me was, well I can wait around to see if someone will cancel their reservation 2-Nite. Unreal.! So my follow up response was, no thank you – just please cancel my room. I WILL NEVER GIVE THIS PLACE A THOUGHT AGAIN!!!!!! I ended up staying at the TownePlace Suites in Harrisburg and then the 2nd night we stayed at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue in Hershey. Both of them were much more money, but beautiful properties. Definitely worth it!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hebrew first
Ocala
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We originally had reservations for Mon - Thur, but arrived 1 day early. Called & Red Roof was kind enough to add the additional day. Location is centrally located in Central PA by I-83 with easy access to Lancaster, PA outlets, Hershey Medical Center to visit very sick friend, and family in Chambersburg and York.

Rooms are clean and when I inquired about refrig and microwave, they were kind enough to offer another room where there was one.

Con for my visit was that WiFi was down 1 1/2 days and I needed it for my job, but otherwise, it was a very pleasant visit especially after returning from visiting friend in hospital several days.

I would recommend this hotel for reasonably priced and cleanliness.

Room Tip: There is NO swimming pool or Fitness center at this location. If you are driving East on Route 30, o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Linda M
Croghan, NY
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight. Front desk clerk was exceedingly pleasant and helpful. Room was super clean, pleasant and comfortable. Basic amenities at a very reasonable price. Only complaint...no hair dryer.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank rubyCroghan
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The room was pretty good. Bed reasonably comfortable but not great. But for $60/night you can only ask so much. Definitely an A+ for value.

The A/C unit was nice and powerful. You have to go to the front desk to borrow a hair dryer. They only had little blister packs of shampoo, and didn't have any conditioner, even at the front desk

Other than that, reasonably clean, quiet and comfortable. Pretty basic but good enough, and can't beat the price.

Room Tip: Bring your own shampoo and conditioner
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank EatingSteak
Poolesville
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel was fairly high on Tripadvisor (like number 6 out of 21) and it was 1/3 the price of the hotels above it. I stayed here one night with my son because he was wrestling in a youth tournament at Central York HS. The room was nice, clean, and had a micro/fridge. The guy who checked us in even called our room to make sure everything was OK. Free coffee all day and ice in the lobby was good too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 685peterp
Vineland, Nj
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The Red Roof in York, Pa. was a good stay for me. The price is definitely right compared to others in the area. The room was fairly clean, spacious, and met my needs. The microwave and fridge were an added value. My room was quiet and comfortable. I was glad that I read prior reviews, as there was no hairdryer in the room (I didn't ask for one at the desk, though) so I brought one, and there is no comp. breakfast.......not biggies, though, and I will be back.....

Room Tip: With roadside rooms 2nd floor up, you can look out the window and see your car......I had an inciden...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bob984
south
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Painted interior and new carpets and furnishings since two years ago. No breakfast but clean, handy location at reasonable cost. Friendly staff, helpful with directions. Soundproofing a bit weak. Coffee machine in lobby and lots of "fast food" eatery's nearby

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends