“Great Value!”
Review of Motel 6 York North

Motel 6 York North
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed November 30, 2012

After looking at all the reviews on tripadvisor for this area we choose this location. It matched the reviews exactly - basic, older decor but clean and comfortable. The staff was pleasant and helpful. We were working so we wanted value and clean and we got it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank BrianKelly_11

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stay at this RRI every 6 months and always find it pretty bare bones BUT clean. The staff, especially Diane at the front desk was very courteous, helpful and friendly. I had a couple of minor things wrong in my room like the refrigerator didn't work and (OK, I admit it despite being an engineer) how to set the time on the alarm clock! Both problems were resolved within minutes by the friendly maintenance man (in my defense, you had to press two buttons labeled with some other function simultaneously to set the time - go figure.) The cleanliness, price and location can't be beat for my purposes and the staff is icing on the cake.

Room Tip: The elevator is slow so if you can get a freshly refurbed room, try for the ground floor.
3  Thank ThriftyAndClean
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Got in very late and the man at the front desk was great and helped with bags. The room was very clean and everything worked just fine. No there is no continental breakfast. But why pay a lot more for a little bad food. Went to an event three miles down the road and that hotel was twice as much. Our room at Red Roof was bigger, had a small dorm fridg and micro. Great value and would book a room there again.

4  Thank Magicalragdolls
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We booked non-refundable reservations, taking advantage of discount. Then Hurricane Sandy came through preventing travel. Emailed home office asking if they would work with us in rescheduling without forfeiting. Referred us to the York Manager, who couldn't have been more pleasant and accommodating because of the circumstance and allowed us credit. The place is clean and comfortable. Would suggest booking a room in the back. Route 30 running in front has horrendous noise and traffic 24/7. Centrally located to many restaurants and although within walking distance, but again, traffic so awful, it would not be safe to cross any of the nearby highways. It's just the nature of the area, no fault of the establishment. In all, we were very satisfied. Red Roof Inns tend to be very decent establishments with polite, helpful employees.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ljc2tall
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This hotel was really nothing special. No continental breakfast... It is surrounded by restaurants which is good. When we arrived (it was about 10pm) there was this foul... Well maybe worse than foul odor. The guy who checked us in was friendly though. Our room was on the first floor. The room was clean but the ceiling looked to have some water damage and it looked as if mold was growing there. The bed was comfortable. There was no noise at all from other ppl. I did notice someone had their dog so this is a pet friendly hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank BrittanyG646
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I like the Red Roof Inns that have the interior room entrances. I rode the elevator to the 3rd floor. The elevator was okay a few times and a few rides it was so bumpy and scary.

I arrived to my room and my door and several others were propped open with the door latch. I called downstairs to ask what the deal was with the doors. The girl was surprised that the rooms were open and said that was not normal. She said the room was fine and she was sending someone up to check out things. Was apologetic. Overall a good staff.

My room was big. It had brand new carpet, fridge, micro. The room was clean but the shower could have been cleaned a little better. I liked staying on the 3rd floor facing the back of the hotel. It felt private with the curtains open and had a view of some nice trees.

The hotel is at a good central location and not bad for a few nights stay.

Room Tip: 3rd floor back of the building if you want to open your curtains and have somewhat privacy.
2  Thank offseasonfun
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Nice place,a good clean room, no extras other than free coffee in the lobby. This is really a no frills place. It does the job if you are looking for a place to sleep, then go on your way.
It is like living in a quiet apartment because you see very few other people other than the motel clerk. A most unusual amosphere for a motel I have ever experienced--there was no amosphere.
Can be a little challanging to enter the parking lot due to a small entrance. The side entrance is a bit tricky, too. The traffic in that town goes very fast, and it is plentiful.
WiFi worked just great. I also got the neighbor motels WiFi.
I would stay here again. It was fairly priced. It was all we needed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple