“Great value”

Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in York
Orlando, Florida
“Great value”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We needed a place where we could stay with our dog, so I read some of the other reviews and thought we would try the Red Roof Inn. They were right. This hotel is an outstanding value with clean rooms, comfortable beds, and a very helpful and caring staff. We'll be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Demy181

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hebrew first
Alexandria, Va
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We were just passing through, but we had our dog with us. Of course with animals your hotel choices are a bit more limited, but the Red Roof Inn is exactly what we needed. The room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. The location was easy to find and getting downtown was easy enough.

We needed a bed for the night, and this fit the bill perfectly.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank andigger
Bridgeport, Connecticut
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I took my wife to Hershey Park on July 14th and 15th, and we decided to stay at the Red Roof Inn in York beacause the motels closer to Hershey were too expensive. We stayed for 2 nights (the 14th and 15th) and the total cost, including all taxes, was $136. The motels closer to Hershey were at least twice that much.
This is one of the newly renovated Red Roof Inns and it was perfect in all respects. Our room was spotlessly clean, everything in it worked properly, and the entire property was very well maintained. We encountered 3 different staff members at the front desk, and they were all helpful and courteous. I highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dragracingfan
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I have never stayed at Red Roof Inns and decided to give this one a try based on the great reviews here. This was a wonderful surprise. In my mind, Red Roof Inn is a low-end, shabby chain, but this particular hotel was fantastic. The room we got (Room 318) was extremely clean, spacious, and looked recently updated. Check-in was a breeze, with a very pleasant front desk lady that was also really sweet to our puppy. The bathroom, though small, had a great shower with good water pressure. We paid around $70 for the king room -- what an amazing bargain! Wish all hotels were all this great.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank absolute_alex
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I have never r seriously considered staying at a Red Roof Inn as I thought they were sort of run down and dirty. Clearly, at least when it comes to this Red Roof and the one Wilkes Barre I was wrong. Both hotels were clean, nicely appointed, quiet and had very great service.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank djo100
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Reviewed July 11, 2011

I agree wholeheartedly with the positive reviews for this hotel. Considering the price (less than $50 Senior Rate), it is a huge bargain for the quality received, Convenient to I-83 and 5 minutes by car to Downtown York for those attending a York Revolution baseball game as I was. No breakfast, but there is a Hardee's next door and other restaurants within a few blocks. For the room price, I am willing to pay a few dollars for an off site breakfast,

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank jwpColorado
Poland, Maine
Reviewed June 25, 2011

When I called to make a reservation, I was told they served breakfast. I don't feel a coffee/cocoa/tea machine in a corner of the lobby and a small basket of no-name granola bars and cheese crackers qualify as "breakfast". . . . . There is a McDs within sight; but that's an added expense and inconvenience.

Be prepared to encounter four-legged guests. There was a dog competition in town the weekend we were there. One, sometimes, two, dogs rode in the elevator every time I used it., and it was a very small elevator. Then there were the barking dogs inside, and outside; with their owners trying to shush them. Guess a word to the wise -- ask if there is any dog competition going on.

Otherwise, the accommodation was very satisfactory -- beds, bedding, towels, etc. were all acceptable. With the previously-stated cautions understood, I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family