“Quick and nice”

Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in York
Boston
“Quick and nice”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Staff was pleasant, sleeping was great. The continental breakfast could have been a bit more fresh and diverse, but it was something.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Adam B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Freehold, New Jersey
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were at the Days Inn located on Arsenal Rd, York, PA. We only needed one night at this location so this was sufficient and very affordable. The room was clean and the bed was better than expected (a very firm mattress) with additional pillows. The bathroom is small. This is more of a motel than hotel, all access to the rooms are from the outside. If you make reservations, you should state if you want the 1st or 2nd floor, there is no elevator. There are several places to eat within a 1/4 mile or less of the motel. The evening and morning staff was friendly and courterious. The morning breakfast is DIY and complimentry with coffee, waffles, cereal and boiled eggs. The eating area is comfortable and clean. The general area was very quiet during the time we were there. I think this place is fine if you are using it for a short term reason, for me 1 or 2 days at the most.

Room Tip: It's a two story building, with a walkup. If you have problems with stairs, request the lower f...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joyce R
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Visiting York College with my family, we had planned to stay at this hotel (don't be deceived; this is a MOTEL all the way) for two nights while we also visited Elizabethtown College, but after ten minutes we were disgusted and had to book a different hotel for the next night.
It is right near several busy roads, so the traffic is a bit louder than it perhaps should be. The staff (the ONE person we dealt with, the desk lady) was nice, but the carpets in the lobby were not clean. It was definitely a questionable sort of place, and I did NOT feel safe around the other people who were there. We were warned not to keep the key cards in our pockets with cell phones or credit cards because it might "ruin the magnetic strip," and we did have difficulty opening the door with the cards they gave us.
The room itself (two double beds, non-smoking) smelled stale and musty, and there were visible cracks in the plaster ceiling. The walls were so thin and the door to the room next to us so cheap, we could listen in on what our neighbors were watching on the television, and the door to the outside let in enough light to have us awake by six. The bathroom floors (smallest "hotel" bathroom I have ever had the misfortune to experience) looked like they hadn't been washed in months, and the bathroom light flickered multiple times each time we turned it on. I didn't even want to step foot in the bathtub for fear of contracting some kind of fungus.
The sink plumbing was visible beneath a table-like sink setup on the wall, and I think the ironing board was the cleanest thing in the room itself. The television was bulky and outdated, and the automatic channels on the television didn't actually match what was playing on them; unless CNN now sells corny jewelry at ridiculous prices, and I missed the memo. Less than 42 channels, and all improperly labelled. We had fun searching for the local news. There wasn't even a channel guide. One of the drawers to the bureau the TV was sitting on was broken.
The desk chair was very nice, according to my father. Fairly nice desk, but as a family on a trip, might as well have been a table. Not an important feature for us. There was an armchair with a leather seat- we didn't even want to think about why that was leather while the rest of the chair was fabric. Microwave was dirty, some of the buttons on it were broken. Stains on top of the mini fridge, and we found, drumroll please, a two-piece package of Dole fruit cups, both open and partially eaten, in the freezer section of the mini fridge... and so fresh, they weren't even frozen. So that was a lovely little surprise.
The beds were actually very comfortable, although I must admit after seeing the rest of the room I was hesitant to say the least to actually sleep on it. I did, however, without back problems the next day, either. Traffic was annoying, heater not bad at all as far as noise goes, but our neighbor's alarm clock would have woken us up at six had we not already been up because of the sunlight and bathroom issues unrelated to the hotel.
Now... the breakfast. None of the pictures above show what that room actually looks like. It reminded me of Denny's, only dirtier and sketchier. I think there were pee stains on a few of the chairs. The food SUCKS. Make your own waffle station monopolized by a mother and her little kid, after which I wasn't so keen on having waffles. There was one small container with miniature baked goods (muffins, small bagels, Danish things that weren't very good), one tiny bowl of lumpy fruit, a bowl of hard boiled eggs, which was unusual, but altogether I'd say there was more coffee creamer, sugar and cups than there was food, and none of it appetizing. But there was coffee, so I'll give them that. NOTHING like the food spread of a, say, Marriott hotel, if you've ever been, you know what I mean. Let's just leave it at; I understand why it was complementary now.
We could not get out of there soon enough. I would NEVER recommend this, unless you're not picky, and strapped for cash. It is cheap, our stay was only around $67, but RIGHTLY SO. This was NOT a pleasant experience.

• Stayed February 2013

Travelers are raving about these York hotels

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Staff is very accomodating and helpful. Continental breakfast set up by 06:30 as advertised. Clean rooms. Conveniently located of I-83. Plenty of places for dining within 1 mile. Close to downtown York. 10 minutes from Fairgrounds and Toyota Expo center.

• Stayed January 2013