“Best Sushi in York!”

York, PA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Sushi in York!”
Reviewed May 22, 2009

I moved to the area from NJ fully expecting never to find a great sushi place. I was pleasantly surprised by Masa and have returned since many times! By far the best Sushi in York and one of the better Sushi Restaurants I have ever eaten at!

My only complaint is that the seating can be a little cramped when it's crowded. Still hands down the best place in town!

Greensburg, PA
“best sushi anywhere”
Reviewed July 23, 2008

This is absolutely the best sushi I have ever had. My husband and I both love sushi - he has traveled extensively and eaten sushi all over the world. This restaurant doesn't look like much from the outside and the inside is small and unassuming. But the food... the rolls are exquisite with beautiful presentations and combinations of seafood and sauces that I have never found anywhere else. I have never ordered from anything other than the sushi menu so I can't speak to that. We live about three and a half hours from this restaurant and find any excuse we can to travel in the direction that will take us near this place. The service is efficient and if I remember correctly I think it is byob - not sure if there is a corkage fee. If you love sushi and don't need a lot of "atmosphere" to go with it, then this is the place for you.

2 Thank caneel123
York, PA
“Best Sushi”
Reviewed July 8, 2008

Masa has the best sushi I've ever eaten. I am a sushi lover and living in York, PA, there aren't many sushi restaurants, let alone GOOD sushi restaurants. Even compared to the sushi I've had in cities like Philadelphia, Masa's is still the best. Their special rolls are amazing. I am partial to tempura rolls and they have some super tasty ones. Service is efficient, not overly friendly, don't expect the staff to fawn all over you and take back your sushi because you don't like it or didn't know it contained raw fish. Making sushi is an art and the sushi chefs at Masa know what they are doing. I always tip the chef as well as the server. I don't know how York got so lucky to have this gem of a restaurant but I am glad! Worst thing about this restaurant is they aren't open on Mondays. Oh, also, the place is small and quiet, so if you are unlucky enough to be seated next to a large family from New York with 8 kids and no manners, it can make the experience unpleasant.

4 Thank Mileyshiy