“Not as good as it once was don't get steak.”
Review of Corner Stables

Corner Stables
Ranked #210 of 452 Restaurants in York
“Not as good as it once was don't get steak.”
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Seems like it might be under different Mgmt. We dined here weekly im the past and food was above average NOT NOW.
Fried oyster were over cooked n very dry. New York Strip steak was cold n overlooked so it was like shoe leather. I should have sent it back.
Sides were also not good. French fries were oily and soggy.
Steamed shrimp were the only thing that was good but they were served w onions n celery stewed w them in the past.
Waitress was pleasant.

1 Thank Bmfisher

Kissimmee, Florida
“Great Ribs at the Corner Stables!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I eat here every year when I am in York for the York Fair. It is one of the highlights of the trip. They have wonderful baby back ribs. I also enjoy the "Old Bay" french fries with the brown gravy to dip them in. I am also very satisfied with the food and the service. They have many other items on the menu, but I always stick with the ribs, "old bay" fries and slaw. Very reasonable prices.
Treat yourself!

• Visited September 2012
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Nice relaxing night”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

It was a nice weekend so we went out on the deck. There was hardly anyone out there, which was what we were hoping. The food was good, cheap and so were the drinks. The service was a little slow but that really didn't matter to us. Great place to go for a low key kinda night.

• Visited September 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“Value and service- what a hidden gem!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

As others mentioned, this was recommended to us by local hotel. They said the food was good and the value was there, and they were right! I have to add, that the service was fantastic as well. What a kind place. The ribs were (as others have said) as good as I have ever had. We also had a burger, which was cooked as ordered (thank you). There were fun burger combos on the menu such as the one with mashed potatoes and gravy on top:) have to bring the kids here sometime! The drinks were also excellent (I mean fresh crushed mint for the mojito, NO mix was used) and inexpensive also. (about one third the price of a drink in DC!). They have other food too, if you don't want beef and pork, it's just that when I saw the ribs, that's what I wanted. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited August 2012
King of Prussia, PA
“Needs some sprucing up but delicious food”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Just had dinner at the Corner Stables last night. The restaurant atmosphere is so so. When you enter the restaurant you immediately smell cigarette smoke which was a big turnoff. The door to the entrance to the bar is in the foyer of the restaurant. The smoke carries over into the restaurant which is unfortunate. If I was rating the place on the food - it was delicious and deserves a score of Excellent. I had a crab cake that was all crabmeat. The grilled asparagus was very good but I think I had 6 very skinny pieces. They make their own cole slaw which was very tasty too. They are known for their ribs which my husband enjoyed. We had a great waitress who was there everytime we needed drink refills. The service was excellent. It's unfortunate that the bar doesn't have a separate entrance from the outside. I would definitely return for the food and just tolerate the stale smokey odor.

• Visited July 2012

Been to Corner Stables? Share your experiences!