“Fresh, delicious food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Esaan is a very small restaurant. Reservations are suggested. The food is very fresh and very tasty. I have not had a bad meal in all my visits. A small, family owned restaurant that give you a consistent meal every time. This is not a fast food restaurant. Plan to be there a while because each dis is made for you, not sitting in a steam pan waiting for someone to order. You may bring your own beer or wine. After a relaxing dinner, be sure to save room for their homemade Gelato. The freshest ingredients are used. A perfect ending to a wonderful meal.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

My husband and I arrived in York at the end of a very long Saturday day trip. Thai sounded like just the thing, and I was intrigued by the fact that this restaurant will use coconut oil upon request. Unfortunately for us, York was really hopping because of St Patrick's Day, and the restaurant was packed. There was a small table in the waiting area (next to the gelato case) and since nobody else was waiting, we asked if they would mind serving us there (we were so hungry we didn't much care if it was tacky to ask). And so we got to enjoy some delicious dinner, with enough for lunch the next day, and yes, we left a little room for gelato, because it really seemed like a nice complement to the dinner, and who can sit next to a gelato case for that long and resist it? We spoke to the owners, who were very nice. Clearly the restaurant was quite popular, and deservedly so!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

This place is a gem within York City. They are family owned and very slow, but the food is worth the wait. Genuine and authentic Thai food that won't break the bank. Odd business hours so check before you go!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were introduced to this downtown restaurant during a recent "first Friday" event in the city. Friday and Saturday evenings are busy and we were advised that reservations are a "must", preferrably at mid-week for the weekend. The menu is diverse, food is good and service was very good. This is a BYOB. They have gelato and sorbeto for dessert or carry-out. It was delicious.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I arrived at restaurant for take out. The attendant was busy with another costumer. I was second in line. As soon as she finished with the customer, she left. She did not greet me or asked me to wait. I then saw her walking fast from the dining room to the kitchen. I was still waiting for her and she did not say anything to me. She then came to the register and saw me ready to order and said, "please wait". She then finished with the register and went back to dinning room and kitchen.
After waiting for approx. 7 minutes, I finally order. Thai fried rice ($7.5) with shrimp ($1 extra) and 2 crispy rolls ($4.50) for take out.
I opened the package and found 4 shrimp in my container and very little Thai fried rice, I would expect that for only rice at $7.5 I would get a bigger portion. Food was not bad nor good. I will not go back.

1  Thank teresa3000