“Excellent Thai food with a gelato bar”

Esaan Thai Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 452 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
“Excellent Thai food with a gelato bar”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

A terrific small authentic Thai restaurant partnered with an "Italian/Thai gelato" bar-what more could you ask. The curry spring rolls are extremely tasty as a starter. The main course Thai dishes were presented artfully and tasted as good as they looked. You had a choice of white or brown rice. The gelato is actually the perfect dessert taking a little heat out of the Thai spices. The chef/owner told us there are gelato bars all over Bangkok. Wish this restaurant had been here when I was growing up in York.

• Visited February 2013

Ocean City,MD
“Fantastic! YUM”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We loved the food...the atmosphere...the service and YES the owner. We had dinner there for the first time last week and were very impressed! The Spring rolls were very good/tasty and NOT greasy. Made to order while we enjoyed the wine that we took with us, Liquor is not served so BYOB! My husband and brother in law had the Spicy Thai Basil Stir fry and nothing was left on their plates. I had a traditional curry dinner (substituted duck )with brown rice and had to take half home. The Pad Panag was equally good and the portion was very large! You absolutley MUST check out the homemade gelato tasting bar.....and of course you will order a serving!!! Hopefully reading this will entice you to visit.... We will be back!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Very nice authentic Thai restaurant with GREAT gelato!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Recently ate here with Nick who filed his separate report. I found the service to be very friendly and competent. The food was actually excellent and I live in Thailand most of the year. I tried a few dishes, each were well prepared, properly spiced and delivered to the table piping hot. This is actually one of the best Thai restaurants in the US, in my opinion.....here in little York, PA. We were passing by due to some work involvement. I highly rec. this establishment.....oh and the gelato is very nice....not necessarily "authentic" to a Thai restaurant.....but it sure tasted good!

1 Thank JohnQuid
Coral Springs, FL
“Excellent Thai food, service and Gelato in York, PA”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I must totally disagree with the previous poster who felt the food was not authentic....I have lived in Thailand for the past eight years and passed through York on business....this restaurant had excellent Thai food, the server was super nice and polite and the multitude of flavours of gelato was a very pleasant surprise. I enjoyed this meal very much. I ate with a guy who is very critical of Thai food and even he felt that the two soups and two main dishes we sampled were excellent. Aroi mak mak!! อร่อยมักมัก

1 Thank Nick_999
york, pa
“Very pleased with food, service and gelato”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

A friend and I stopped here for lunch. This is a tiny little restaurant featuring Thai food. Great food and a good value for the money. My friend had the spring rolls (4 beautiful rolls filled with good sized shrimp) and the beef salad. She was very happy with both. I had the coconut chicken soup and the glass noodle and chicken salad. Again, very happy with my choices.
We both also had gelato for dessert. Great gelato and the waitress was very happy to give us tastes of as many of the flavors as we wanted to try.
I would definitely recommend and will be back.