“Down-Home cooking”

Ranked #10 of 462 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We have been voted York's #1 Restaurant, many times, for many years. We home make all of our soups, chop our own fresh salads, prepare the quickest/freshest breakfasts, sandwiches, dinners and late night meals in town.
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This diner is very deceptive from the road; it is huge inside. It seems to be very popular, too, although I’m not sure why. I ordered the special, “chicken pot pie.” It was really chicken and dumplings: lots of dumplings and very little chicken. The dish of ice cream I ordered was full of ice crystals. I would have returned it, but by that time, my waitress had disappeared. She was obviously overworked.

Scooper47’s top tips: 1. I think this might be a good place for breakfast.
2. Route 30 (Arsenal Rd.) is a nightmare. No left turns except at traffic lights. The problem is, there are no U-turns allowed at traffic lights. Believe it or not, you have to take a RIGHT turn, go down the street and turn around in a parking lot. Great planning, York!

2  Thank scooper47

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We decided to check out Round the Clock Diner after taking in an Imax 3-D movie one evening. It was around 9:30pm, which certainly fits in the "round the clock" portion of this experience.

I ordered a chicken sandwich with fries (8.50) and my wife also order a sandwich, though I can't remember what it was. I felt the menu was somewhat limited because there weren't a lot of "diner prices." In one section, you had moderately priced sandwiches and then in another section, you could order a $18 steak. Not really the kind of diner you are expecting when you walk in.

The people were relatively friendly, but don't go in expecting a true diner experience. It definitely hits more of the restaurant feel these days and the menu isn't going to blow you away.

2  Thank TheGovernor31
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went here on a Saturday night while staying up the road in a hotel for the night in York. When walking in, the place is definitely a typical diner. It could probably use a bit of a makeover: some of the booth seats are cracked or worn, but it's not terrible.

The service here was great. Our waitress was prompt, quick, and positive.

I ordered the special chicken stir fry, which came with a tossed salad. The salad was pretty simple, with iceberg lettuce and a few other vegetables. But the stir fry was gigantic! The chickens probably wasn't of the best quality, but there was tons of it along with peppers, broccoli, and mushrooms. It was served over rice and had a flavorful sauce on it. It was a lot of food for the price!

My girlfriend got the three hot cakes which were huge and she said they tasted good enough.

Overall, this place is above average, especially for a diner!

1  Thank suppressor86
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We became acquainted with Round The Clock through DreamWrights Youth and Family Theatre. Traditionally, every cast goes here after one of the Friday night shows during the run of a performance. Have heard that many teams, casts of school plays, etc. also do the same thing. So even late on a Friday or Saturday, you will likely see a full parking lot. But, no worries....this place is huge and there is plenty of room!

I have ordered a variety of items and never been disappointed. Finally went during breakfast right before Thanksgiving: cheap, quick, and my waitress was extremely attentive. Was also tasty.

Within the past year, I've ordered the gyro which was perfect! The tzatziki was delicious and it reminded me of living in Greece all over again. Mmmmm!

The fries are good, especially with cheese and/or chili. My daughter likes the fried shrimp.

Many friends order the waffle sundae (which you can get in 1/2 size, too, which is still huge).

Personally I did not like the pumpkin pancakes. Mostly because I didn't realize they had pecans in them. But other friends RAVED about them.

I have never had a problem keeping my coffee cup filled.

Two summers ago, some of us in our Theatre Under The Trees cast sat there for SIX HOURS and we did not get told to leave or in any other way bothered about taking up a few tables. That was a little crazy on our part, but just endears the place to me that much more.

1  Thank MommeeTerp
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Good comfort food. We go there for breakfast. Great service, fair prices. Coffee is a bit weak. But that seems to be the trend wherever you go. Seems like most restaurants all use prepacked coffee packets and shoulld offer different options. mild or medium and bold. Still we go there about once a month.

2  Thank Margaret R

Been to Round The Clock Diner & Coffee? Share your experiences!