“Best Western York review”

Best Western Westgate Inn
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in York
Vineland, Nj
“Best Western York review”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The motel is a bit dated, but generally well-kept. I had trouble regulating the heat in the room, as even on low it was too hot, but the room became cold fast due to an open air intake below the unit. I used the micro and fridge, and those are pluses. I also used the office area as I forgot my laptop, so that was convenient. Free breakfast was a plus.

Room Tip: You can park your car so that you can see it from your room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bob984
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you for submitting a trip advisor review regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and the service of our staff members. We hope that you will come back again!

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 717-767-6931.

BEST WESTERN Westgate Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
rye
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Spent 5 days here and was very happy with my experience. The hotel rooms need a bit of updating but the staff more then made up for it. Would rather have a great friendly experence then a perfect room...This hotel made me feel at home which is great as I am on the road so much.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this review, December 3, 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Very clean. One of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Lots of dining and shopping options nearby. Close to the theatre. Friendly staff. Temperature of room easily adjusted. Very quiet. Coffee maker and fridge in room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving us a review regarding your recent stay at our property. It is always a joy to have wonderful guest as yourself, respond and give us back feedback.

Your business is very important to us and we value your opinions. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to talk about your experience. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

MONROE TOWNSHIP
Reviewed November 15, 2013

we stay here and were disappointed/ Our room for two persons had 2 bath towels, 1 hand and 1 wash cloth. The mattresses were mushy and the room was missing furniture pieces. The third floor also smelled of smoke and so did our room. We are non smokers Disappointed in the cleanliness of the hotel

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for Trip-Advisor review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 717-767-6931.

Fairfax, United States
Reviewed November 4, 2013

It was very quite and very convenient. Four restaurants within 500 feet of the motel serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. There were no streets to cross where the traffic was heavy. The room was light and airy as well as very pleasant.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Howard L
Meg S, Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving us a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

La Ceja, Antioquia, Colombia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I travel to York a lot. I had been staying at other, more expensive, hotels. This Best Western always shows up as one of the first hotels on my company's travel website because of its low price, but I had assumed that the low price meant it would be a dive. Not true. Fortunately, Best Western did a promotion with United Airlines that required me to complete some BW stay nights to get extra miles, so I thought I'd give it a try. I've been really pleased. I have now completed three two-night stays in the last 5 weeks and will be there for a longer stay in the coming weeks.

When I compare what I get at this hotel versus the other where I (OK - my company) had been paying $40 a night more, the only difference that I see is that this hotel does not offer unlimited powdered eggs and greasy bacon with their free breakfast. Otherwise, the breakfast is a standard hotel continental breakfast with rolls, danish, breads, waffles, etc. The coffee is decent for hotel coffee. Frankly, I don't like breakfast unless it is cooked to order, so even if they did not have one, it wouldn't matter to me. However, the couple of times I toasted a bagel or grabbed a danish, they were as good as anything I have had at any other hotel breakfast.

The rooms are large and I have always found them to be very clean. The beds have comfortable mattresses and good quality linen. The paint and carpets in the hallways and rooms where I have stayed have been in very good condition. The housekeeping staff always has the room clean when I return. They are also friendly - I always have a lot of bulky luggage, and two times when I was leaving, they saw me dragging it all and offered to help me get it to my car.

Each room has a bigger-than-normal refrigerator and a microwave oven, both of which are important to me. The free internet speed is pretty good. I like to watch streaming HD video, and it was fast enough to support that, so you can't ask for much more.

For me, the location is great. It is about 4 minutes from I-83 on the west side of town. It is close to supermarkets and malls. The neighborhood is very safe and quiet. The building is about 300 yards from Route 30, so you don't get any highway noise.

If you like Asian food, there is a very good Sushi restaurant (Masa) a short walk away, and Fujihana, which has more variety, is a very short drive. The hotel is on the same site as two chain restaurants: TGI Fridays and Ruby Tuesdays. If you want great pizza, wings, hoagies, etc., I highly recommend Westgate Pizza, which is also walking distance (warning - cash only, no credit cards).

The only minor complaint is that electrical outlets are not conveniently located. They don't have the desk lamps with built-in outlets, so you have to go under the desk to plug in. As one of the outlets is taken up by the lamp, if you want to plug something else in, you have to go hunting for an outlet. One room I stayed in had a 6-outlet surge protector attached to the desk, which is something I would like to see in all of their rooms.

This is not the fanciest hotel, but when I look at the price, I am amazed at what you get for the spend. Even though I am not spending my own money, I just cannot pass up the bargain here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Coolcoil
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2013

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and the service of our staff members. We appreciate that you have given a detailed review to our property and mentioned things that you were and were not satisfied with. We are currently working on updating outlets in all of our guest rooms, and we see that it was one of your concerns. We take guest comments very seriously and implement changes in our daily operations through them. We hope that you will come back again and give us a chance to serve you again.

Huntsville, Ontario
Reviewed October 7, 2013

this place is dated but kept clean, nice large rooms upgraded, good location close to all kinds of services. good value here, the cleaning staff in the hallway wanted to carry my luggage for me to the room and wanted to make sure we were happy with the room - that doesn't happen very often. Certainly a good choice.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank andypegonthego
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2013