“Over night heading home from Myrtle Beach” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Westgate Inn

Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in York
East Falmouth
“Over night heading home from Myrtle Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were very pleased with the price and how clean and updated it was. I loved the second sink outside bathroom. I was able to blow dry my hair while my son took his shower. The room is a good size. Staff is very nice. We stayed in several hotels on the way to Myrtle beach and back home. This was my favorite. It was clean, reasonably priced and had a great breakfast and plenty of room to sit.
I would stay here again and would recommend it.

Room Tip: Great price and very clean with a good breakfast to start your day.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Loretta P
Meg S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westgate Inn, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for submitting a trip advisor review regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here and were close to your event destination. The hotel being centrally located definitely helps most of ours guests and we hope that you will come back again!

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 717-767-6931.

BEST WESTERN Westgate Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel was easy to find. The rooms were adequate in size and hotel staff very friendly. I did have some mold in the bathroom that was bothersome for me. Overall I would say if I was ever in the area I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank TShock19973

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here as a more reasonably priced choice in an expensive neighborhood. It exceeded our expectations, which, admittedly, were low. The room was clean, and the hotel was quiet. We would explore the use of Best Westerns based on our experience here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John M
Meg S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westgate Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed from 7/15/13-7/17/13. This was a very hot week. Air was off when we entered our room. We had to turn air on high for hours to get it to cool off. The next day we left the air on when we left in the morning, thank goodness the maid did not turn it off when she cleaned. We were disappointed in the "Deluxe Continental Breakfast". It included juice, coffee, cereal, waffles, and many bread items (bagels, toast, danish). There was a cooler for yogurt, but it was not stocked. Apples were the only fruit and they were all sticky. I like to have fruit at breakfast, cleaned apples, bananas, or a fresh fruit salad would have been nice, since it is summer time.
The room was clean and in working order. Not enough outlets for charging phones, etc. The last disappointing part of our trip was the desk clerk when we checked out. She did not say good morning, how was your stay, have a nice day, thanks for staying with us or anything. Just took the keycard, slapped a bill in front of me to sign, then handed me my copy of the bill. Very rude. The lady who checked us in was nice. We have stayed in the hotel multiple times within the past 10+ years while visiting family. After this trip, we decided we will not be returning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MW1006
Meg S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westgate Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 717-767-6931.

ma, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed on the 3rd floor. As soon as you step off the elevator there is a distinctive smell from the carpets. I walked into the room and the white comforters had stains on them. The last night that we were there the bottom sheet had a blood stain on it. We stayed in room 310 - very bad odor in room. I bought fabreeze and with the air conditioner going and the spray it got a lot better. Bed seemed comfortable- just not the great BW comfort I expected and every day I woke up with a back ache. There are plenty of hotels in this area. I wouldn't go back here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Meg S, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Westgate Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

BEST WESTERN Westgate Inn

Travelers are raving about these York hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We arrived on a hot summer day but for some reason the air conditioning in our room is turned off. The room smells musty. The beds are squeaky. The blankets have stains on them. The key card takes maneuvering to open the door. There's a lack of outlets to plug in phones and such. The WiFi doesn't work. The "clean remote" looks disgusting. The menus for area restaurants have been written in and no one from staff seems aware of this. The continental breakfast was nothing special. I did however like the mini waffle maker. The shower had great water pressure. There are a lot of restaurants in walking distance qr shares a parking lot with Ruby Tuesday and TGI Friday.

• Stayed July 2013
Coronado California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here one week for family reunion in July- The breakfast was great with hard boiled eggs, milk, juice, cereals etc.. Our room was clean and TV, amenities good. The location was near about 4 restaurants and Walmart-- and quiet area.. The only problem was the hallways smelled like old incense or a smoky bar-- not sure if they were trying to hid the odor- but all three floor hallways had this smell....

Room Tip: We liked the third floor ----
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family