Best Western Westgate Inn
Wingate by Wyndham York(York)(Great Value!)
$103
$87
$119
Comfort Inn & Suites - York(York)(Great Value!)
$99
Courtyard
$117
$143
$99
All reviewsquaker steak and luberoom was cleanolive gardenenglish muffinsyogurtwould stay here againhard boiled eggsother hotelsice machinecontinental breakfastup to dateharley davidson factorygreat place to staynice sizestaff was friendlyvery nice hotelyork area
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Booked this hotel for one night en route from Buffalo to Williamsburg VA. Had to circle around to find it where my GPS said it was supposed to be. It did not stand out at 9:30 p.m., finally reached it entering through a bank parking lot. I had asked for a non smoking room but was told they didn´t have any when I checked in. The room ( 2 queens) was a little cramped but clean and beds were comfortable. Breakfast area was crowded: only one waffle maker and not many tables. A little bit better than standard continental breakfast. Nothing great to say about the place but good to sleep for one night. Could have been a better experience if it weren´t for the smoke smell.

Room Tip: Booking through the hotel site might give you a better chance of getting the room you want.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for leaving a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 717-767-6931.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Not the worst place to stay but I would probably not return simply due to the smell of smoke throughout the hotel. The staff are friendly and the rooms a good size but our room reeked. The hallway smelled of incense as if they were trying to hide the smell, but it did not work. My clothing smelled as a result of the room. This hotel would be best for those staying briefly in the area looking for a cheap alternative without worrying about having to sleep in filth. I would not suggest that this hotel is not worth staying at, but it will not be my choice in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for leaving a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. While our third floor is half smoking and half non-smoking, our first and second floors are smoke free. In the future, you can request to be placed on the 1st or 2nd floor. Once again we do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

For the price, this hotel was dirty, filthy, and the air conditioner unit made loud noises from 1am til 3am when we shut it off.

We told the front desk person the next day and her comment was why didn't you call the desk, we would have moved you to a new room.
Sorry, but at 1am we were not into moving to another room.
Shower had this disgusting mat in it that was not clean. Needless to say we didn't shower.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I was in York to conduct a training class. I stay in Best Western's all over the US and the Inn is one of the best. Very clean, quiet and convenient. If you're not on a low-carb diet, the breakfast is good. The make-your-own waffles are great and there is a nice selection of fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal and bagels. Coffee, hot chocolate, tea and juice are also available.

I thought the rates were quite reasonable. There are several chain restaurants within easy walking distance. I would recommend this Inn to anyone wanting to stay in York.

• Stayed: April 2013