“Very Nice Place to Stay”

Best Western Westgate Inn
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in York

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ovid, New York, United States
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Not the worst place to stay but I would probably not return simply due to the smell of smoke throughout the hotel. The staff are friendly and the rooms a good size but our room reeked. The hallway smelled of incense as if they were trying to hide the smell, but it did not work. My clothing smelled as a result of the room. This hotel would be best for those staying briefly in the area looking for a cheap alternative without worrying about having to sleep in filth. I would not suggest that this hotel is not worth staying at, but it will not be my choice in the future.

• Stayed May 2013
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. While our third floor is half smoking and half non-smoking, our first and second floors are smoke free. In the future, you can request to be placed on the 1st or 2nd floor. Once again we do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 717-767-6931.

Megha Shah
BEST WESTERN Westgate Inn
Elkridge, Maryland
Reviewed May 28, 2013

For the price, this hotel was dirty, filthy, and the air conditioner unit made loud noises from 1am til 3am when we shut it off.

We told the front desk person the next day and her comment was why didn't you call the desk, we would have moved you to a new room.
Sorry, but at 1am we were not into moving to another room.
Shower had this disgusting mat in it that was not clean. Needless to say we didn't shower.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Megha Shah
BEST WESTERN Westgate Inn
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

I was in York to conduct a training class. I stay in Best Western's all over the US and the Inn is one of the best. Very clean, quiet and convenient. If you're not on a low-carb diet, the breakfast is good. The make-your-own waffles are great and there is a nice selection of fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal and bagels. Coffee, hot chocolate, tea and juice are also available.

I thought the rates were quite reasonable. There are several chain restaurants within easy walking distance. I would recommend this Inn to anyone wanting to stay in York.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Rick_from_KC
Lester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 30, 2013

nice and clean, had great water pressure on the 2nd floor,plenty of selection for the breakfast . bed and pillows were soft and one problem I had was there were ants in bathroom and near the window and I would stay here again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank DennisA917
New Tripoli, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We go to York to attend Cabin Fever Model Engineering Expo. We have been staying at this Best Western for 6-7 years now. The Inn is very clean and quiet. We eat breakfast there before going to the show. The make-your-own waffles are great and there is a nice selection of fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal and bagels. Coffee, hot chocolate, tea and juice is also available.

I thought the rates were very reasonable. We stayed 3 nights. There are several chain restaurants within walking distance. I would recommend this Inn to anyone wanting to stay in York.

Room Tip: I did request a room on the first floor but our room was on the second floor. There is an elevator...