“Sufficient for the night”

Best Western Westgate Inn
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in York
Petersburg PA
“Sufficient for the night”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

First of all the motel was hard to find and we drove by it and it took several miles to reach an exit where we could get off and come back on 30 to look for it. The clerk was average but did not give clear dlrections on how to get into the building from the parking lot. Then when I went down the hall to the end to figure out how to get in from the parking lot, the back door was blocked open with a rock. I released the door but thought that this should have been monitored by the person at the desk. The room was fine and AC worked well. Dark room and quiet enough even though it was close to Route 30. Did not stay for breakfast.

Room Tip: Probably would be a good choice to choose those in back if you don't plan to run the AC or fan.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank EVGR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

We travel often, and have stayed at many Best Westerns. We were to stay 2 nights, but left early after one nights stay. Hallway smelled, room was dirty, toilet obviously uncleaned, blood on the comforter, hair on the sheets, no coffee at breakfast, waffle mix came out as water. Needless to say, we left and are currently in a very nice Holiday Inn.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank GatlinGun
Cortland, New York
Reviewed April 24, 2012

This motel is hidden behind TGI Fridays. The restuarant does provide some room service. Cleaner than we expected as we were just in for one night, traveling inexpensively. Everything was fine...about 2 miles from Route 83 off route 30, so tons of food choices very close by. Would stay again especially if just passing through. $72 AAA rate.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bwdailey
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 717-767-6931.

Strasburg, Virginia
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We had a comfortable stay here when we were in town recently visiting family. We stayed in the Jacuzzi room which is a nice size. I got up early and hit the breakfast bar while my fiancé slept. I was a little disappointed that the local news was on instead of a national morning show but I got over it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Dawn M
Dear Dawn,

new york city
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Stayed in the Best Western Westgate Inn lastnite, I booked and guaranteed reservation ahead of time and confirmed that I will be checking in early, 8a.m due to traveling. When I arrived my room was not ready, it was the King- Jacuzzi Suite, which I paid a pretty penny for, I had to check into a lower class room, wait over an hour for the room to be cleaned, and then transfer all my items into new room without any assistance from front desk or housekeeping. They didn't even bring my new room keys to me, The service overall was not what was expected since I am a gold points member, I was never offered a discount on the room even though I waited over an hour and checked out at 5p.m, I have no plans on staying there again.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Theresa,

Thank you for posting a review on trip advisor regarding your stay at the Best Western Westgate Inn.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 717-767-6931.

Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed January 4, 2012

My total experience was 5 star all the way. The room itself was the BEST I've had in years. Including new properties.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MBJim
Dear Jim,

Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor regarding your stay at our property.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed October 21, 2011

This is a nice 3 story hotel on the northwest side of York. Room was well equipped and the staff was helpful. They have a large breakfast room with a good variety of items in the morning.

There are a couple of chain restaurants nearby, but I went downtown to the brew pub for dinner.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo