“Dissapointed”

Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in York
new york city
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Stayed in the Best Western Westgate Inn lastnite, I booked and guaranteed reservation ahead of time and confirmed that I will be checking in early, 8a.m due to traveling. When I arrived my room was not ready, it was the King- Jacuzzi Suite, which I paid a pretty penny for, I had to check into a lower class room, wait over an hour for the room to be cleaned, and then transfer all my items into new room without any assistance from front desk or housekeeping. They didn't even bring my new room keys to me, The service overall was not what was expected since I am a gold points member, I was never offered a discount on the room even though I waited over an hour and checked out at 5p.m, I have no plans on staying there again.

• Stayed February 2012
Meg S, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Dear Theresa,

Thank you for posting a review on trip advisor regarding your stay at the Best Western Westgate Inn.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 717-767-6931.

Megha Shah
BEST WESTERN Westgate Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed January 4, 2012

My total experience was 5 star all the way. The room itself was the BEST I've had in years. Including new properties.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MBJim
Dear Jim,

Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor regarding your stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 717-767-6931.

Megha Shah
BEST WESTERN Westgate Inn
Sacramento, California
Reviewed October 21, 2011

This is a nice 3 story hotel on the northwest side of York. Room was well equipped and the staff was helpful. They have a large breakfast room with a good variety of items in the morning.

There are a couple of chain restaurants nearby, but I went downtown to the brew pub for dinner.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Buzzhombre
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband stays here when he's traveling for business. I've joined him a few times & we've only had one plrobe & that was resolved right away(someone had been smoking in our room prior to our arrival-they gave us another room). The staff is great, breakfast is nice, close to several resturants, shopping malls & many attractions. Reasonable price also.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Dab1954
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Never in my life have I experienced a worse check in procedure than at the BEST WESTERN Westgate Inn in York PA-despite having confirmations.

Not only did they say that they did not recognize our AAA reservation confirmation and blame it on their computers, but they also gave away one of my guaranteed reserved rooms which I had confirmed 2 hours prior to my arrival. They then tried to tell me that some woman called in and cancelled one of our rooms the previous day.

The employee at the front desk realized that the hotel was clearly at fault but needed approvals from her manager in an attempt to rectify the matter. She called her manager and left messages requesting for him to come in to handle the problem as it was his group that was in town that sold out the hotel. He was MIA and was of no help once he was reached on the phone. Despite the facts that I had confirmation documentation in hand, he could offer no remedy other than have one of his employees "walk us" to a different hotel.

Only after personally checking rooms did the employee discover that the hotel was NOT fully booked and there were plenty of rooms available. By the time we were able to be checked in, we had already missed dinner reservations with friends and were forced to eat late at a different restaurant.

This was absolutely the worst experience ever having had to endure this kind of incompetence over what should have been a simple procedure. Best Western touts itself in its ads that they care. Well, I can tell you first hand that they definitely do not.

Best Western? I'm afraid not. It should call itself Worst Western. That would be truthful.

Room Tip: Definitely choose non smoking or first floor rooms. The third floor smells like cigarettes everywher...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank scott_snizek
buckhunter54, General Manager at Best Western Westgate Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
The guest stating that we have bed bugs is far from the truth We have trained our staff on how to look for bed bugs We take extra precautions to prevent bed bugs Not saying it can not happen We did not have bed bugs then or do we have bed bugs now Thank You
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We just stayed there for the Jeep show and found it to be nice, clean, and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was nice, too. If you're looking for a place to sleep and shower, this will exceed your expectations.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank knscoggi
Henderson, North Carolina
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We made this reservation online. The front desk staff was nice and helpful. We were given a room on the 3rd floor. When getting off the elevator, you were hit with the strong smell of cigarette smoke residue. The room was a non-smoking room and did not smell. Due to the ice maker on the 3rd floor not having ice for two days, I had to go down to the 1st floor to get ice. The first floor did not smell of smoke at all. The room was comfortable and nice for the money. I would just say make sure you don't accept a room on the 3rd floor if you don't smoke or don't like the smell of smoking.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke, stay off 3rd floor!!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple