All reviews front desk hot tub waffles stay there again room was clean decent breakfast stayed nights business center king bed very nice hotel fridge and microwave free breakfast fitness center housekeeping staff nice stay indoor pool great place to stay
Reviewed October 13, 2018

Stayed two times over the weekend in the last month. Hotel is well maintained and clean but bathrooms in both rooms need some tile and bathtub repairs. I liked the King Bed room better than layout in 2 Queen beds room. Breakfast was average with a few hot options.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Wingate30546, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham York, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

The location right off the highway is so easy to get to and from. Room was very clean and bed was comfortable. The breakfast sausage and eggs were decent, and I also liked that they had chipped beef as well, with a variety of toast, biscuits, croissants juices, milk. The front desk staff were also friendly. Also nice view of the sunset with the west facing rooms.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

How wonderful to hear these positive words and I am so glad you were able to enjoy a beautiful sunset.
We do hope to see you again.
Thank you.

Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

Check in was great. Room was just as promised. Clean, roomy with refrigerator and microwave.
Had decent breakfast 7-10am.
Very good location central to York attractions.
Staff was courteous.
Will stay here again while in York.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Wingate30546, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham York, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

I hope you had an amazing time at the Open House this past weekend.
Thank you for staying with us and for your positive words.
I do look forward to hosting you again.
Warmly
Cindi Wycheck

Reviewed September 14, 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel Sunday - Friday. Checked in Sunday at 8pm. The guy checking me in wasn’t pleasant and it showed. Spoke to my coworkers and they encountered the same response. Monday got back to room and sheets weren’t changed. Bathtub stopper didn’t work, Tuesday at 6am I spoke to guy with a patch and he assured me it would be fixed that day, came back at 7pm and ...not fixed. Spoke to Vanessa who had to come up and “confirm” tub didn’t work and ...yup,tub stopper didn’t work, also no coffee in my room. Wednesday it was fixed by the time I got to room at 8pm. Vanessa and the lady who was at the desk last night was pleasant. The guys not so much. I am hoping my Wyndham points show up in my account. Oh and my coworkers were charged for their stays even though it’s paid for by corporate! Sheeesh.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

Im a local resident. I booked at these hotel because it saids that the pool is heated!. Well LIES!!!! It was raining all day outside and it was cold. I only booked here because i wanted my kids to have fun in the pool since the weather was no good. At 5pm we tried getting in the pool but the water was so cold that i couldn’t leave my kids inside for to long. I tried reaching out to front desk at first to let them know what was going on and they said ok , i will send maintenance to check whats wrong. A little after 25 mins no one came to check the temperature or ask about the problem. I then went again inside n ask for manager to talk to and they denied it, saying that there was no manager till monday but i knew i had saw her, i asked the front dest nathan and another person to please give me a card for the manager to place a complaint and it was then when they had me go over to the manager room. I spoke to a very nice lady who totally agreed to send someone and check the pool to see what was the problem and also asked maintenance to turned off AC from the pool because it was cold outside. Well no one ever turned the AC off or fixed the pool. I end up paying $180 the night for no fun , i will not recommend this hotel to anyone that is trying to have their kids in the pool. My kids were very unhappy and upset because we end up all day and night in the room. And to complete my experience, when i wanted to go outside and use the fireplace but guess what???? it wasn’t working either. Definitely not a good place to stay.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Wingate30546, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham York, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

I am so sorry to hear that you were not happy with the pool temperature. We do keep the swimming pool at 82 degrees, however, mechanical issues can arise and a maintenance man should have been called in to check the status on this.
I will be sure to speak with both the Front Desk and Maintenance on your concern.
Thank you for completing a survey for us.
Warmly