Wingate by Wyndham York
$139
Courtyard
$121
HIExpress.com
Comfort Inn & Suites - York(York)(Great Value!)
$84
$93
BestWestern.com
$101
$99
All reviewsfront deskhot tubwafflesstay there againclean placevery nice hotelbusiness centerclean roomsking bedhot breakfastmorning breakfastdecent breakfastfridge and microwavevery nice staywould highly recommend this hotelnice roomfree breakfast
Reviewed February 2, 2009

I have been travelling the world for several years and I haven't ever seen a great service like this. As soon as I arrived in my room I received a call from the reception to check if everything was ok. I asked information for a restaurant and I even got a coupon. When I came back I was informed about the weather condition of the following day even if I didn't ask for it. The assistant at the reception, Elizabeth, gave me the website address of the chain and I enrolled immediately!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Bekels
WingateYork, Cindi Wycheck, Sales Director at Wingate by Wyndham York, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2009

Thank you for taking your time to place your trip in words for other viewers to see. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us since we do have only our guest's full satisfaction in mind.
I am very pleased to see the wonderful service our front desk representatives have offered you and know how valuable they are to our hotel.
We do look forward to being your hotel of choice when in the York, PA area again.

Reviewed November 29, 2008

We stayed here over the holiday weekend. For the price the rooms were very small. We would have had no problem with the price if six could have sleep in one room, but they only sleep four. The heating system in the room was very noisy. The inside pool was fun for the children. The staff got carried away with the chemical on Friday morning so many children let the pool with a rash on Saturday morning. The hot tub was relaxing. but it would have been nice if the jets could be adjust to hit your lower back or shoulders with not so much force. The breakfst was adequate.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank French06

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel.
We do appreciate your feed back since listening to our guests is what offers us the knowledge on how to continue to improve ourselves.
I will speak directly with our maintenance staff in regards to the noise you experienced with our heating systems. This is information, without being reported, we can not correct.
Please contact me directly for your next reservation so that I can be sure your stay is more than enjoyable.
Thank you.

Reviewed October 9, 2008

We stayed at the York Wingate for a week while our bathroom was being remodeled. We chose the Wingate because we knew it was a newer hotel and because it had an indoor pool. The hotel was new and overall had a pleasant appearance but there are problems with this hotel. The problems we encountered were with the cleaning staff, the quality of the pool, the quality of the breakfast, and the attitude of the staff.
The first night we went to the pool and hot tub. The hot tub was colder than any hot tub we have ever been in. The pool was like ice and we couldn’t even get in. We complained and were told that is the way it is but she will leave a note to the maintenance person to look at it. It stayed that temperature during our entire stay. We complained to Wingate and the manager responded that the pool was kept above 82 degrees. I think the hot tub was only at about 82 degrees and the pool was a lot colder.
The breakfast was average with waffles, sausage or bacon, eggs, Danish, muffins, cereal, etc. The fresh made waffles are delicious but the syrup for the waffles was generic from Wal-Mart and didn’t taste too good. The Danish was slightly stale the one day I tried it and the sausage had a lump of something that I ended up chipping a tooth on. The letter I received from the management said they serve what is requested by Wyndham hotels and it does not satisfy everyone’s taste. It wasn’t about satisfying my taste, it was about the poor quality of the food.
The housekeeping staff is a disgrace. The first day, my wife had the do not disturb sign out for no longer then 20 minutes and they used that as an excuse to why they didn’t come in to clean. They should have checked back and not been in such a hurry to leave. Again, the last day we were there we came back to a room that was half cleaned.
We had problems with our room refrigerator and had to throw out $20 worth of cheese and other snacks.
The worst part is there is no management on site. After we got back to the room the second time without it being cleaned, I went to the front desk. No manager was on duty and I was told that he will be back in an hour. Went down an hour later and was told he wasn’t there yet because he ran home to Philadelphia to get a change of cloths. To Philadelphia, 100 miles away. You got to be kidding me that the manager lives that far away and there is no manager on duty. Went back a third time and was told he was not coming in tonight.
This hotel was just very disappointing. We would have been better off staying at the Red Roof Inn right next door for half the price.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jandthud
Reviewed September 6, 2008

This was a great (and new) hotel that we found via the internet when searching for the lowest price (yet still decent) hotel in the York area for one night. Check-in was quick and the staff was friendly. Our room, although not the king bed room we requested, was gorgeous. The hotel is fairly new and was clean and well appointed. The room decor is fabulous (flat screen TV, great bathroom, comfortable beds and great furnishings) and the hotel was quiet. Free continental breakfast was included and while it wasn't "over the top" good it was enjoyable. The hotel offers free internet service to all guests and even has a small sundries shop (which came in handy when I realized I forgot to pack our toothbrushes). We would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank LetsGoSomewhere2
Reviewed August 6, 2008

Went there for ASA Softball Nationals. We had to book through ASA so the room rates were ridiculous $139 per nite. Rooms were clean -- but extremely damp. Four people in my group left with sore throats. Pool was a joke. First of all it couldn't fit more than 10 people at a time. There was a film atop the water -- so I wouldn't use it if you paid me to. Continental breakfast was par. Although most of the same stuff as offered at other hotel chains, there was no yogurt (they said they only had it during the week). It wasn't there at all and I was there from Thurs - Sun. Carrie of the desk was very pleasant. Others didn't seem to want to be bothered. Most seemed annoyed by our large group. There were at least 5 other teams in the hotel at the same time. Although conveniently located, I would prefer to try another hotel in the area if I need to go back there.

• Stayed: July 2008