“Wonderful weekend.”

Wingate by Wyndham York
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I coordinated a bus group to Lancaster and Hershey Park over the weekend, and we stayed overnight at the Wingate by Wyndham York. From the moment that we entered the hotel we felt very welcome. We were greeted with smiles and refreshments. Many in the group took advantage of the spa and pool. Our rooms were spacious and the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast in the morning was plentiful. I was concerned that they would run out of food since the hotel was full to capacity, but the food was replaced very quickly. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be back with my group next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marilyn R

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I can't review the room and accommodations because my 9 year old daughter and I did not make it to our prepaid room! Please understand that we stay all over the east coast in hotels and I have never even thought to put a negative review on trip advisor before.
My husband booked this hotel and prepaid since our daughter was competing at the State Games of America 2013 and we knew that with 9000 athletes in the area we should secure our room. I arrived on the date of our reservation and the front desk employee stated "I have good news and bad news". Good news is we have your reservation...Bad News is we have no room for you. Apparently other guests decided to extend their stay and they bumped our reservation and prepaid room. Here I am in a strange city, 4 hours from home with my 9 year old daughter who competes in a high level competition in two days and the entire city is booked! Their response? No Manager on duty and they left the poor front desk employee with the resolution of "We booked you a room at the Red Roof Inn". Are you kidding? Trying to work with them, I went to this other hotel but immediately turned around as the Red Roof Inn was Clearly not going to be appropriate for a 9 year old girl and her mother traveling alone. I was appalled that this would be considered an appropriate substitution. I went back to the Wingate by Wyndham and demanded they find us appropriate accommodations. Fortunately Mary, the front desk employee, understood the severity of this and got on the phone and made phone calls all over York, PA to find a room. She had no result but a fellow competitor found out their hotel had a room available. It was a smoking room but at least it was a room! to the management at Wingate by Wyndham in York PA, my daughter was terrified, I was beyond upset and you almost (almost because we would NEVER let your incompetence and despicable lack of professionalism ruin this amazing opportunity) made this a horrible trip. Thank you instead to Hampton Inn who stepped in and gave us a roof over our head...To be clear the front desk employee was phenomenal and actually tried to help us. The management could have cared less and it was amazing that they abandoned this employee to deal with this situation alone. Hopefully this employee found a new employer or is promoted to management soon. Again this room was prepaid in a city that was completely booked.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family