“vacation to Gettyburg, PA”
Review of Motel 6 York

Motel 6 York
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in York
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Motel was clean, staff friendly, beds were comfortable it was located close to everything we needed. The Motel is in the process of remodeling after the remodeling is done I would give them a higher rating--we could not bet the price!! I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay in one of the new remodeled rooms they are nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rita L
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 York

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I checked in, paid cash for 5 days. Was not happy with room and didn't feel safe in this location. You know it's bad when it says low weekly rates. Lady at desk was nice, but I wanted my cash back after finding another hotel to stay in. They said they dropped the cash and didn't have enough. Took a long time and they made it hard, but finally I got my cash back. Would not recommend this motel. Other people were going to check out too. No refrig/microwave, small tv - depressing room.

Room Tip: I didn't stay, so I can't rate everything.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were back for the York fair and again chose to stay at Motel 6. For the money this is the best place I can find. Our stay was fine. They have improved the pillows this year. Much thicker and more comfortable. Coffee in the morning is always good and the desk people are friendly and helpful.

If you are looking for basic accommodations this will do you fine. If you want frills and extras...spend more money.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Traveler1951_8
Reviewed March 24, 2012

The hotel is in need of remodeling. Our room on the ground floor had mold growing on the ceiling. The room smelled musty. When I complained the staff said they would put deodorizer in the room. I said how about cleaning ? The air conditioner didn't work in our room either. We were told that the maintainence people didn't work on the weekends. It was Friday ? We asked for a new room only to be told they were booked. After a bunch of complaining on our part they offered us $20 back. We called the motel 6 1-800 number and they credited us for one nights stay. I spoke with others at the motel and they said their rooms were okay but need repair. Some carpets were shredded and stained. I won't be going back unless they do some serious remodeling. There also was no internet. We were told when we made reservations that wi-fi was available for a fee. When we checked in the girl at the front desk said they don't have internet ? Really?

Room Tip: Ground floor, and ask to see room before you check accept it.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank houndhero
Reviewed August 30, 2011

we were told by clerk that it was a safe area and nothing ever happened ther .when we awoke the next morning we found our motor cycles vandalized and items stolen.when police came to investigate we were told this happened the wk prior to our stay and also before that.is it not the motels job to make sure there vistor are safe.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank ken w
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I have stayed here a few times now and I am happy with it. It quiet, close to food, check in is plesant. Its certainly nothing special, just a room. No breakfast or anything. But over multiple stays the experience has always been consistent- and that means alot.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Life_Enthusiast
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I guess a few members of our group were the only ones to notice the sewage treatment plant just behind and to the left of the hotel. Behind the San Carlos Hop. We could not sit outside at night due to the smell, but keeping your door closed kept the smell out; however, we were satisified with the cost and the value for your money. The place is basic and shows its wear over the years, but the rooms were clean and staff friendly. A two night stay senior citizen rate cost us $96 total including taxes. This motel is also pet friendly, but we experienced no problems with bugs or odors. I would recommend this to others on a budget. I suspect the sewage treatment plant may be processing at night only. You only had the smell in the evening and overnight.

As a footnote, my wife and I had our son's wedding rehersal dinner at the San Carlos restaurant next door. What we found this time was a dining room that wasn't even open on a saturday evening at 7 p.m. The night club (or DJ) Hop side was open. Before we could order anything off the sandwich menu or drinks we have to either give them a credit card or pay cash! Service was horrible. Stay away.

• Stayed: May 2010