“Excellent!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were recently able to make it to the Student Run Restaurant for dinner. There were four of us and we tried the special for the month (Turkey Roulade), the Coq au Vin and two Beef Wellingtons. Everything was absolutely fantastic, including the service! Several times through the dinner, students stopped by our table to ask how everything was. They don't serve alcohol, but it's BYOB, which is great.
The only down side is that the restaurant is only open Wednesday - Friday evenings. Since we don't work in the area, it's difficult to make it to York during the week, but when I do have the opportunity, this will be my first choice.
I don't think this would be a good choice for families with young children -- review the menu online if you're considering visiting with children.
I highly recommend the SofCA-SRR!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Been here numerous time and have never had a bite of food that was not delicious.
There is a tremendous commitment by the students to be sure your dining experience is great from start to finish. Students are not trained wait staff which is amusing at times. Very accomodating and BYOB! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is a student run restaurant and the food is phenomenal. My husband and I stopped in on a recent Wednesday night out of curiosity-he had taught culinary arts in the community college system in California. We found a gem. The service was excellent and friendly. The food was absolutely delicious with amazing nuances of flavor. They have a seasonal menu as well as a themed menu which changes each month. My husband thought the food could not have been better. We would highly recommend this place and send compliments to the student servers and chefs.

1  Thank Jean F
Reviewed February 2, 2013

If you are a local you know how difficult it is to find a decent, non-chain restaurant in York. This place is great. Nice setting with tablecloths, art twork and friendly lighting, very helpful Waite staff and delicious interesting food reasonably priced. It's BYO wine which we really appreciate and reservations are required - a good thing for us, too. The only draw back is that it is only open Wednesday thru Friday evenings.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I loved it there. The tables were set with white table cloths and napkins. There were fresh flowers on the tables. The atomosphere is simple and low key, a combination of casual and elegant. The servers wore crisp clean uniforms and were very polite. The food was served attractively. I would go here again. I think it would even be a good place to bring a date.